£350 - Sony SCD-XA3000ES multi-channel SACD Player in gold.

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Dynamic Turtle, May 19, 2009.

1. Dynamic Turtle

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

For Sale

£350 - Sony SCD-XA3000ES multi-channel SACD Player in gold. IMMACULATE condition, complete with box, remote, manuals and original invoice.

Hey guys. I recently replaced my highly reliable workhorse Sony SACD player for a modified Shambling SCD-T200C player. This is therefore "surplus" to requirements.

Quite hard to find these days, along with the SCD-XA9000ES, I don't think Sony sold many of these late-era SACD players and they were off the shelves within two years. Seemed the world was more interested in MP3 and DVD at the time. Bizarre, because for the £650 RRP, it offered immense build quality. I've owned six SACD players and they are notorious finicky. This is the ONLY one that has read every single disc that has been thrown at it, including rugby-ball shaped hybrids and doorstop sandwich Dualdiscs. I have 52 SACDs so it's been properly tested! Please note that the transport quality of this player is superior to the subsequent SCD-XA1200ES, which also had one of the two R-Core transformers removed to save costs.

In terms of sound quality, it's very smooth, warm and forgiving. Important factors for poorly mastered and compressed recordings. There isn't any obvious voicing interms of bass and midband either. Overall, I'd say its a very balanced all-rounder that lets you hear the extra performance of SACD while delivering a very listenable performance on CD. However, if you're a detail junkie and prefer a more upfront presentation, look elsewhere.

Again, the build quality of this player is such that I doubt there would be much of similar age (about 4.5 years now) that would beat it at this price. I also think it looks pretty nice.

Cash on collection from Greenwich, SE London (can demo) or £20 fully insured to mainland UK.

Pics: http://i.testfreaks.co.uk/images/products/340x170/240/sony-scd-xa3000es.536560.jpg

http://www.joshin.co.jp/av/img2/SCD30001122.jpg

DT

Dynamic Turtle, May 19, 2009
  2. Dynamic Turtle

bump

Dynamic Turtle, May 22, 2009
  3. Dynamic Turtle

bump

Dynamic Turtle, May 26, 2009
  4. Dynamic Turtle