2 Shows in September - MADNESS!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Hifi Nut, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Hifi Nut

MartinC Trainee tea boy

2. Hifi Nut

Hifi Nut

i have just read the March issue of Hi Fi News and they have marketed a full page ad for the April show so they are not guilty whatsoever of neglecting other shows throughout the callendar.

however the 2nd Heathrow show by Chester is looking to go ahead from reading through that press release it clearly shows the organisers are paranoid that the industry will think they are acting in a "predatory" way - and too right too.

Hifi Nut, Feb 3, 2006
  3. Hifi Nut

Hifi Nut

you obviously do as you have now posted twice on this thread

Hifi Nut, Feb 3, 2006
  4. Hifi Nut

MartinC Trainee tea boy

What I meant was they never include it in their list of upcoming events, or mention it in any of the editorial sections of the magazine (unlike the Bristol show). I don't recall them carrying an advert for it in previous years either, but obviously have no idea whether Chester group ever wanted to place one.

I just know I've felt it a pity in the past that the event wasn't more widely known, a large part of which is obviously down to the lack of advertising by the organisers.

MartinC, Feb 3, 2006
  5. Hifi Nut

Hifi Nut

yeah very true - i think that maybe that could be to do with Chester group's lack of marketing though like you mention.

Hifi Nut, Feb 6, 2006
  6. Hifi Nut

ListeningEar

I think that's a slightly different scenario though because there we are talking about the major player pushig out the smaller independant business.

Here this is kind of a reverse situation as the initial thread said that the organiser of the Manchester show is planning a show at the same time as Hi-Fi News, that's the little guy challenging the major player isn't it?!

Hi-Fi News shows for me have been a total waste of time for me over the past two-years, I only go to offer my support for the audio industry in general, and if given the chance would gladly like to make my trip worthwhile by having another option.

Even though the Hi-Fi News show is larger there has simply not been enough exhibits to make it worth-while day out, not to mention there just being too mcuh A/V stuff at the HFN show.

Afterall, in Las Vegas each year the C.E.S. show works well alongside the T.H.E. show. Some manufacturers even choose to exhibit at both (must have deep purses!) but each show has it's identity with the T.H.E. show even being split up between two separate locations (without A/V stuff too).

ListeningEar, Feb 6, 2006
  7. Hifi Nut

Hifi Nut

Hifi Nut, Feb 6, 2006
  8. Hifi Nut

Elberoth

This is not about the money. The rental prices are not that much lower at The Show anyway.

Companies that go to The Show do not want to deal with CES bureaucracy. They do not want to ship their stuff before X-mas and wait next 2 weeks after the show ends to reclaim them. They do not want to pay inflated shipping fees that the company that deals with CES is charging. They do not to pay inflited prices to union workers, that move their stuff in and out of their rooms.

The attendance at The Show is about 50-75% LOWER than at CES.

IMO goimg head on with HiFi News show is plain stupid, and shows the weakness of the "chester" show.

Elberoth, Feb 12, 2006
  9. Hifi Nut

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Elberoth are you based in the US sir?

wadia-miester, Feb 12, 2006
  10. Hifi Nut

ListeningEar

...not exactly sure what you are trying to say there, how about editing to make it a little more readable ;)

ListeningEar, Feb 12, 2006
  11. Hifi Nut

Elberoth

No, in Europe. Sorry If I do not write clearly sometimes, but english is my second, or even third language.

Elberoth, Feb 12, 2006
  12. Hifi Nut

ListeningEar

No apology necessary, just trying to work together to get your point across ;)

ListeningEar, Feb 12, 2006
  13. Hifi Nut

The Devil IHTFP

Yes, it's absolute madness. I'm on the point of writing to my MP about it.

The Devil, Feb 12, 2006
  14. Hifi Nut

Hifi Nut

Good lad - now run along as you are boring me now.

Hifi Nut, Feb 14, 2006
Ask a Question