300B SE Amplifier

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by kuei yang wang, Jul 3, 2003.

1. kuei yang wang

kuei yang wang

Konnichiwa,

Folks, in order to finance my Wedding (it turns out I have to travel to Africa because of Visa troubles...) and some new projects several parts of my system are up for grabs.

Item #1 are a pair of 300B SE Monoblocks. They are based on the "Billie" Kit Iron from DIY-Hifisupply.

A short description from what I have done on these:

"I have rebuild my Amplifiers comprehensively, including an all Film Capacitor Powersupply with more Chokes, Choke Filtered Heater Voltage for the 300B, a WE 437A as Driver Valve, choke loaded coupled to the gridchoke loaded 300B Grid. All signal path capacitors are now Film Capacitors (including cathodes). Rectifier is now WE 274A (or any other via Octal 2 UX-4 Adapters).

Inputs are via Transformer, Balanced XLR and RCS single ended which allow if desired a 1:2 stepup on the input, giving either 0.75V or 1.5V RMS input sensitivity with a nominal input impedance of 10K (meaning source impedances of no more than 10k, lower is better). All signal (and related) connections are silverwired, mostly uncoated silver in cotton sleeving, some silver in PE.

Pictures and schematics here:

General look with TJ Output Valves

[​IMG]

Inside look, showing the Ansar Film Cap's for the PSU and the added HT, Heater, Output Valve Grid and Driver Anode-Chokes.

[​IMG]

Schematic of Amplifier

Due to weight, shipping issues etc plus the fact that they are 240V mains they are "UK only". I might consider converting them to 115...120V operation, but I'd rather sell them locally.

Fitted with Valve Art 300B's, WE 437A driver and GZ34 Rectifiers (via octal to UX-4 Adapters) I'll let them go for 950 UK Pound (around $ 1,550) which is essentially parts price. Fitted with other Valves (I have quite a selection) we have to talk....

Sayonara

kuei yang wang, Jul 3, 2003
Ask a Question