a question of balance

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ditton, Jul 2, 2005.

1. ditton

ditton happy old soul

recent upgrade to belcanto evo4 (II) prompts thoughts about upgrading to balanced input from Dax Decade ...

So, I've been in touch with AudioSynthesis about upgrade options on the Dax. What I would like is some advice on balanced interconnects, as dont want to splash out on something that I might then want to upgrade from - I've already quite a selection of single-ended RCA interconnects!

Any other comments on SQ/£ considerations about going balanced also welcomed

ditton, Jul 2, 2005
  2. ditton

Mr Perceptive

Ditton

John Godsland @ orchid electronics is your man. Makes up pro-audio cables, did me a balanced pair of cables (male XLR to Female XLR) using Van Damme Pro Audio cable and Netruik connectors, 3m long - total £18 inc postage, sound great too!

Several PFMers use him, contact him through his website. www.orchid-electronics.co.uk

Very helpful and very fast. Am going to get him to do some speaker cables for me now.

Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive, Jul 2, 2005
  3. ditton

ditton happy old soul

good call!

ditton, Jul 2, 2005
Ask a Question