A Scart Lead.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mark67, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Mark67

Mark67

I am after a Scart to Scart lead and was wondering what price I should be paying for one and which one's are good 'un's.
    At the moment I have got a cheapo-in-the-box Scart.
    I am wanting to use it between my Sony Freeview box and my TV.
    Have you got any ideas?

Cheers.

Mark67, Nov 15, 2003
  2. Mark67

michaelab desafinado

michaelab, Nov 15, 2003
  3. Mark67

Rory satisfied

www.bennettsonline.co.uk are doing the Ixos 141-150 flat scart, predecessor of the one Mike mentioned, for a fantastic £25!! They were £40.
    Great leads, great picture, great sound.

Rory, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Mark67

Mark67

So would it be fair to say that a Scart Lead costing £30 is going to give better results than a Scart lead costing £10?

Never being able to try one Back to Back I was wondering is a Scart Lead just a Scart Lead? Its the brand name that gives it it's price?

Mark67, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Mark67

Sauerkraut Do I or Don't I? I did!!!

Well I have one of the flat IXos (3m fully wired paid £25) and it is very good indeed compared to a £10 scart I had. I then went and bought a 2nd hand QED Squart AV4050 (5m) RGB only (RRP £85) I paid £45 :)

Well the picture quality improvement over the IXos was out of this world (and its 2m longer!!!). Really crisp. These are the only Scart leads I'm familiar with but the QED Scarts are fantastic IMHO. Especially if you can get one second hand .

Sauerkraut, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Mark67

Ian J

Obviously brand names will command a premium but there are noticeable differences between different scarts. One of the things that you pay for in a more expensive lead is higher quality screening.

It is worth investing in a quality scart lead for a DVD player but less so with Freeview or Sky as the picture quality isn't as good to start with.

I use Ixos flat scarts as the quality is acceptable and they are easier to seat in the socket.

Ian J, Nov 17, 2003
  7. Mark67

common

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    common, Nov 17, 2003
Ask a Question