A woman scorned

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by T-bone Sanchez, May 17, 2005.

1. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

Maybe off topic so move if it is.

Well got a story, or shall I say a lesson for you out there. Long story short, a couple I know I have just split coz he has been havin it off with his missus best mate who also lives across the road. Theres quite alot to this story but I'll come to the bit thats of interest.

A year ago he bought a new system, I wont go into it just in case he frequents this board, but his amp, cd and speakers must have been well over 5k. Her mate has just told me that she thought Id be quite interested to hear that its gone out of the window, literally and by the sounds of it more than once. Apparantly it all fit in the bin quite easily afterwards.

Wish I'd have known, Im sure I could have used some of the bits. I've got to say the thought of the speakers, a lovely floor stander of a yellow cone variety with a shell-like tweeter ;) smashing on the floor fills me with horror.

Anyway, just a thought, Im sure you all have different morals for this story!

T-bone Sanchez, May 17, 2005
  2. T-bone Sanchez

Tenson Moderator

Thats cruel! In a situation like that all I'd have as comfort would be music. Still it sounds like he may have deserved a little slap on the wrist... She should have sold it!

Tenson, May 17, 2005
  3. T-bone Sanchez

rsand I can't feel my toes

I don't hit women, but would be very tempted

rsand, May 17, 2005
  4. T-bone Sanchez

pauldixonuk pmc & bryston

Mega large ATC & PMC's seem like a cunning plan all of a sudden. I may also store my kit in a lockable cabinet!

pauldixonuk, May 17, 2005
  5. T-bone Sanchez

Will The Lucky One

I got moaned at by a woman this morning over my hifi, apparently its unreasonable to play music at 11 o'clock in the morning as it wakes her up. Lazy cow! When I called her that I was told that her sleep patterns are odd, she goes to bed at 3am and gets up around 1, and that I need to take that into consideration :rolleyes:. I just walked away without saying anything.....

Will, May 17, 2005
  6. T-bone Sanchez

andyoz

If it was my missus, she'd be heading straight out the window after the gear as well! How do you explain that one to the Insurance Company?

andyoz, May 17, 2005
  7. T-bone Sanchez

'Accidental spillage'.

Not sure the girlfriend would go with that explanation however :)

8. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

Ive got to say its sounds very much like his own fault, he's done the serious serious dirty on his wife and they have a 9 month old baby which makes it worse. Still, if she told me her plans I could have been under the window waiting to cushion the blow. Id have loved those 804's, espec for free!

9. T-bone Sanchez

Joe

A woman I know in a similar situation torched her husband's (very expensive) motorbike, which he'd foolishly left at the family home when he ran off with his floozy.

Served him right IMO.

Joe, May 17, 2005
  10. T-bone Sanchez

Tenson Moderator

What sort of crazy person gets up before 11am?! :p Honestly... 1pm is the best time to get up! I got up at 11 today and I feel her pain :(

Tenson, May 17, 2005
  11. T-bone Sanchez

Lt Cdr Data om

I don't know :rolleyes: if a bloke did that to a woman it would be abuse.

Doesn't give her the right to commit vandalism/arson/property damage.Should sue for damages

If women slap you, why can't you slap them back? its still assault, doesn't mean you are a beater.

Lt Cdr Data, May 17, 2005
  12. T-bone Sanchez

MartinC Trainee tea boy

If it's a choice of finding out your partner has been cheating on you or losing your HiFi, I would hope most people would lose the HiFi. That woman will be suffering far more than the guy concerned...

MartinC, May 17, 2005
  13. T-bone Sanchez

Joe

I used to live in a block of flats with a mad neighbour who played opera, possibly my least favourite type of music, at deafening volumes till 2 or 3am. Not only that, she barricaded her back door with boxes, bins etc to stop people hammering on it and telling her to turn that bloody row down.

Joe, May 17, 2005
  14. T-bone Sanchez

mr cat Member of the month

my ex would have struggled to lift most of my kit...maybe she's strong..??? unless it was a pure fit of rage...!

mr cat, May 17, 2005
  15. T-bone Sanchez

Many years ago when I lived in a flat I had an old bloke up stairs who would play music or listen to his tv rather loud at up to 2am. Not ideal when I have to get up for work at 6am every day, while he stays in bed lazing about. I would often have to get dressed and wander up there for a quiet yet polite word at all sorts of outrageous times. After about 6 trips over a few weeks I finally lost my rag when I was woken up yet again. I put on the Prodigy at full volume, utilising all 2" of my sub's full excursion, for ten minutes. Think he got the general idea.

Another mate used to live above pizza express. He would get rather annoyed when they left their extractor fan on past 10pm, as it was against noise regulations. One time he walked down into the restaurant in his pants at 10.30pm and started shouting at them. Nice for the diners!

16. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

I think she's pretty strong and she can have a temper. The amp and CD would have been no problem and I can imagine her setting some sort of new distance record for throwing these. Im quite impressed with the speakers going though, its no mean feat to wrestle those things upstairs and chuck em out.....oooohhhhh it goes right through me.

17. T-bone Sanchez

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

He deserved it.

Uncle Ants, May 17, 2005
  18. T-bone Sanchez

rsand I can't feel my toes

Unusal for forum members to be complaining about noisey neighbours, in the past the complaints have been at me! One of the deciding factors in buying a run down detached over a mint semi was dissagreements with next door
    I just have nosey neighbours now, since I moved my gf out I am hot topic, and my every move is being passed back to her, hate the lack of privacy but feel sorry for them really if their life is so dull they need to look at mine. they will probably tell her I'm having a gay gang bang on Thursday when 6 grown men arrive carrying boxes of kit for the bake off :)

rsand, May 17, 2005
  19. T-bone Sanchez

Joe

You should get them to wear fake handlebar moustaches to give the rumour more credibility!

Joe, May 17, 2005
  20. T-bone Sanchez

hifikrazy

Im inclined to agree if it is as straight forward as described.

hifikrazy, May 17, 2005
Ask a Question