Accuphase E-212 / Revel B15 Sub Compatability

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by scott_01, Jan 3, 2008.

1. scott_01

scott_01

I have been looking at the Revel B15 Sub to partner my M22 Performa standmounters for some time.

Could I use my Current Accuphase E-212 Amp to feed signal into the B15 via the tape - out? The amp has no other output options except the speaker terminals.

I have looked at the manual on the Revel Website and I can't see this topology listed. However I am still wondering if it would work and if so, how successfully?

The B15 rear panel looks like this:

[​IMG]

scott_01, Jan 3, 2008
  2. scott_01

Andy registered grazer

Unfortunately, no.

The inputs are line level rca or balanced only and for those you need a pre-amp out from your amp so that the level increases as you turn the volume up.

Plugging the Tape outs into the sub will give you a constant maximum (line) level and could damage the sub.

You need to look for a subwoofer which has high level inputs or an amp with a pre out.

Sorry mate :(

Andy, Jan 3, 2008
  3. scott_01

scott_01

Thanks Andy

:cry:

There's a 240v B15 on Audiogon for $1500, given the UK retail of 3 grand I was sorely tempted. Oh well, I guess that means my E-530 fund can still keep growing.

scott_01, Jan 3, 2008
Ask a Question