Accuphase E-550 Class A integrated

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by shrink, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrink

shrink

Since I have quite a lot of interest in my other components, I thought I would list this seperately and try to stir up more interest.

The Accuphase E-550 is their top of the line class A integrated. a hefty 26 kilo beast, its the ultimate Accuphase "look" drop down flat, VU meters and twin knobs give it a very complete look.

The sound is as lush and gorgeous as the looks. Full of serious muscle in the low end department and a gorgeously open midband. The treble is silky, detailed and well defined. This really is a proper bit of high end exotica.

Don't let the 30 watts fool you. This amp has been attached to everything from 87db standmounts to huge focal 1037 3 ways, and drove them all with muscle and grip.

In fact, through the focal 1037's this humble 30w amp put a pair of bel canto ref1000 monoblocks to absolute shame for musicality and low end muscle.

I Have been using it with tannoy turnberrys which bring out many of the amps best features. But its capable of driving pretty much any domestic speaker well. Power aplenty that keeps on doubling up down to 2 ohms, and will happilly drive a 1 ohm load if you needed it to.

So why am I selling you ask?

well... im financially a little pushed at the moment, and could do with a few other things in life... e.g. a new laptop, a holiday, and a bit of financial ease. So my whole system is going, to be downsized.

This amp has a retail in excess of £7000 these days. I am looking for a slightly more humble £4000 for the amplifier.

I also have two of the Accuphase Option boards for sale. I have been using the amp with the DAC-20 and AD-20 dac's and phono stages. Both are superb.

I am selling the cards seperately for £500 each, or will include both with the amp for £4500 all in. Or £4400 if you only want one of the cards.

To summarise:

Amplifier alone (posted) £4000
    Amplifier with both cards £4500
    Amplifier with one card £4400
    Cards seperately £500 each

Please contact me for more information if needed.

shrink, Aug 15, 2009
  2. shrink

shrink

have a possible sale on the AD-20...

so now offering the E-550 + DAC-20 for £4300 all in... or as priced seperately

shrink, Aug 16, 2009
  3. shrink

shrink

no one?

im willing to accept very very close offers here.. but remember im offering this at £3000 off retail value!!!

shrink, Aug 16, 2009
  4. shrink

saikseng

accuphase

hi,are the amp and the option boards still available?thanks

saikseng, Feb 12, 2010
  5. shrink

deadz101

this sold long ago

deadz101, Feb 13, 2010
  6. shrink

denjo

I have an Accuphase E450 for sale if you are interested.

Email me at: [email protected]

denjo, May 12, 2010
  7. shrink

Dev Moderator

I'd start a new thread rather than piggy back onto a dead one.

Dev, May 12, 2010
Ask a Question