Acoustic Sounds are fantastic!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lbr, Jan 15, 2008.

1. lbr

lbr monkey boy

http://store.acousticsounds.com/

Cannot recommend these guys enough, particularly with the dollar at two to the pound. I've used them several times in the last year and service and delivery has always been top notch. You need to order enough to make the postage worthwhile, but the savings are there to be had. I've mainly used them for new vinyl and also some tweaky hifi bits (a set of Stillpoints at £150 vs £245 at Audiophilecandy). The vinyl prices are on average the same in $ as they are in £ in the UK, making them half price + slightly higher postage and the VAT/duty

To give you an idea of the postage and VAT/duty you can expect, my most recent order was for 9 LPs, 1 CD and a set of Stillpoints. Order total was $535 (£260 vs about £540 for the same stuff from UK retailers), postage was $52 (£26 - probably only a tenner more than UK postage would have been) and VAT was £75. Total saving - £195 on a spend of £356. Delivery took 5 days.

lbr, Jan 15, 2008
  2. lbr

Snoopdog

I have bought alot of 'audiophile CD's', mainly XRCD, over the past few years from Acoustic Sounds, due to the fact that they are hard to source in the UK.

I recently put in two orders, one for four CD's and one for two CD's (limiting the order value because I did not want to get stung by UK Customs for duty & VAT!).

I was shocked when the orders arrived, due to the fact that postage & packing in each case was charged at $28 (£14!!!!!).

When I order from Amazon Marketplace, CD's originating from the States (mainly Caiman US) are only charged at a couple of quid per CD.

I am now very careful to only order discs from Acoustic Sounds that I cannot obtain elsewhere, due to their (in my opinion) very high postage charges.

They do have an amazing selection though!

Snoopdog, Jan 18, 2008
Ask a Question