acoustic zen or chord indigo?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by hifinutt, Sep 9, 2007.

1. hifinutt

hifinutt

I cannot find out much about chord indigo, how do you think it compares to acoustic zen silver ref interconnects. I like electronic music like ian boddy and classical so like plenty of detail.

hifinutt, Sep 9, 2007
  2. hifinutt

Purite Audio Purite Audio

I admire your bravery stranger , they don't like interconnect questions round these parts.

Purite Audio, Sep 9, 2007
  3. hifinutt

Deaf Cat

Hiya,

Not heard either of those myself, from what I have read the Indigo is better sounding than the Signature, which I have heard.

I found the Atlas Elektra wonderfully detailed and controlled, not what I'd call anywhere near agressive sounding more of a gentle sounding cable(my system my ears;))

Are you not able to demo both ?

Deaf Cat, Sep 9, 2007
  4. hifinutt

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

I have Signature throughtout my whole system interconnects and speaker cable, and think its wonderful.

Although I must confess I have not heard many other cables in similar band bracket.

There is an Indigo in the for sale section, its been there for months.

Levi_501, Sep 10, 2007
  5. hifinutt

kmac

i haven't heard either but I think "acoustic zen" is a much better sounding name for a cable then chord indigo

therefore go for acoustic zen.

although i do like the pun around the use of chord....it is a cord and it transmits "chords" so nice

but

acoustic zen...the alpha and the omega of the interconnect world...the begining a, alpha, accoustic and the end Z, omega, zen

very godlike I'd say

kmac, Sep 10, 2007
  6. hifinutt

Baudrillard

You sometimes hear forums described as 'a new kind of democracy'.

If a section within a forum's membership forms an overiding view, one which will dominate threads, then the democratic aspect gets negated. Or so it seems to me.

But does anyone care?

Hifi nut, I've never heard either I/C so cannot comment. Indigo is quite an expensive one and I doubt many will have heard it. I think you may be better off posing the question on a forum with a larger active membership, such as wigwam (IMHO).

Baudrillard, Sep 10, 2007
  7. hifinutt

kmac

Sounds like something from an old clint eastwood western.....

kmac, Sep 10, 2007
  8. hifinutt

mr cat Member of the month

well, I wouldn't quite describe some members on here as cowboys myself... :D

mr cat, Sep 10, 2007
  9. hifinutt

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

perhaps as a moderator, I should start putting (in a completely dispassionate and non controversial way) ... once only, in each cable thread... to prevent arguements a summation of the alternative cable view? It would perhaps stop arguements from even starting, allowing someone who hasn't read around the forum to understand the opposing viewpoint without degrading the forum to name calling.

In fact, you know I'm going to try to do that. It feels somewhat like a life-sentence, but it may keep the peace.

Constable Chris.

"
    This is not the view of the moderating team (who are individuals with their own opinions), but to prevent arguements here is one side of the coin regarding cables:

interconnects and speaker cables when measuring identically in terms of LCR will sound identical to each other. LCR can be altered in many ways, from the thickness of the cable to it's material of construction. A change in the LCR of a cable can be heard, and accounts for differences heard at demonstrations. Cables which measure aswell as any known audiophile brand (both speaker and interconnect) can be bought or made for an extremely small budget. "

That will do for now. It's not great, but I'm no scientist. Anyone more knowledgeable about LCR, cable science in general feel free to PM me to modify the generic statement.

bottleneck, Sep 10, 2007
  10. hifinutt

Baudrillard

Constable Chris,

If, as a moderator on ZG, you feel the way you do, then wouldn't it be better (less time-consuming for you and more open and honest to neutral newbies) if you made your statement official ZG policy with a sticky?

11. hifinutt

LiloLee Blah, Blah, Blah.........

Well it all depends on whether he was wearing his moderators hat or his bottleneck hat.

Now I've seen him in both and he certainly cuts a dashing young man look in the moderator hat, but I feel the colour of the bottleneck hat suits his complexion better.

LiloLee, Sep 10, 2007
  12. hifinutt

Lol cheers Lee! :D

B to answer your question - it's true that the above statement reflects my own view, aswell as the general tone (in my view) of the other side of the cable debate.

As stated, the hope is that by saying it once in a cable thread we can see an end to cable wars (not much chance of that, but who knows!!).

The above view isn't the opinion of the moderating team, as there are about 7 moderators who are all hifi fans, and have therefore different opinions to each other about a great many things. They are there as requested volunteers if you like, to general just keep the forum going and keep roughly to AUP.

*edit, I've put a note that this isn't the view of the forum, just the tone of the opposing side of the coin.

bottleneck, Sep 10, 2007
  13. hifinutt

sastusbulbas

Does The Dielectric Affect The Sound Via "skin Affect" ?

sastusbulbas, Sep 10, 2007
  14. hifinutt

Hiya satsubulbas,

I'm certainly not putting myself up as any kind of technical expert whatsoever.

Just keeping everyone happy :)

I imagine the Dialectic used alters the resistance of the cable to a marginal degree.

Again, I aknowledge the limits of what I know.

bottleneck, Sep 10, 2007
  15. hifinutt

Dev Moderator

I thought skin affect was most prominant at high frequencies.

Dev, Sep 10, 2007
  16. hifinutt

Stereo Mic

The most important skin effect is colour IME.

Ah and whatever is written in nice gold lettering along it.

Stereo Mic, Sep 10, 2007
  17. hifinutt

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Apparently LCR can change when a cable is bent!

Purite Audio, Sep 10, 2007
  18. hifinutt

Baudrillard

Brigadier Bottleneck

I don't think the arguments over cables is going to disappear anytime soon. There are areas of hifi that polarise opinion more than others- tubes/ss, digital/analogue, different 300b's etc- but the cable debate ignites reaction like no other. Insanely high prices for exotic cables, the ease in which many punters are sold (or duped ;)) and the positve reviews from the hifi press are behind why it has become such a sensitve and heated issue IMO.

The debate over cables will continue in much the same way, as long as expensive cable is being sold successfully to enough people.

I've only noticed three people moderating of late (in terms of active posting): yourself, Dev and LS. Not sure about the latter, but you and Dev (going on the hifi rage thread) appear comfortably placed in the anti-cable believers' camp.

I do not think it is fair to those who do hear qualitive differences between cables (that effectively measure the same) that the moderators should be taking sides.

If the mods want to continue colouring the debate with their opinons on the matter, it would be more appropriate for ZG to come out and make your LCR statement official (e.g through a sticky), also adding that hifi cable prices are ridiculous. At least we'd know where we stood here and could always go to another forum instead if we didn't like it.

19. hifinutt

zanash

I recently re terminated a set of acoustic zens with silver bullets for a chap ....sounded ok typical silver sound. I've not heard the indigo's to form a judgment.

zanash, Sep 10, 2007
  20. hifinutt

cooky1257

Chris,
    Serious question; Does this mean than this 'orthodox' view as stated means that it shouldn't be reitterated ad infinitum in a thread or is it there as a warning for 'non orthodoxers' to "POST AT YOUR PERIL"?:D
    If it is the former then the scrapping will end, if the later it's "Greetings grapple fans...."and sorry nice try, but no cigar.
    F

cooky1257, Sep 10, 2007
Ask a Question