Adding A Second Zone

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Wes, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Wes

Wes

I'd like to add a zone to my existing HT.. This second zone would be 5 satellite speakers placed around my home.. They would just be used for playing the radio and maybe some low level cd playback during parties and such. I was thinking an easy way to do this would just be to add a 5.1 receiver to my existing setup.. I could use the zone 2 outputs on my pre/pro to allow cd playback and use the tuner in the receiver for the radio listening.. But the problem is- How can I get the receiver to just output a mono signal to each speaker output? The receiver I had in mind was an Arcam AVR200, but I'm pretty flexible, if there is a better solution.. You guys have any ideas?

thanks
    Wes

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2004
    Wes, Mar 1, 2004
  2. Wes

MikeD Militant Nutter

i'd so it using a 6ch amp, rather than a HT amp, or even an old pro-logic amp that'll accept 6ch inputs would do the trick. you'd then just have to split the zone2 outputs (i'm assuming thay're stereo) into the 6 ins & run your speaker cable.

MikeD, Mar 2, 2004
  3. Wes

Wes

yeah, but that would mean I'd still need a tuner.. I was hoping I could get one box to do it all.. Thanks for the input!

Wes, Mar 2, 2004
Ask a Question