ADPulley's HiFi Setup

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ADPully, Jul 10, 2007.

1. ADPully

ADPully

Vinyl Player -Technics SP10 Mk11. Homemade plinth. wall mounted Origin Live TT support, Origin Live Encounter arm with Musicmaker11 Cartridge. Phono - Whest Two. Pre Amp Promitheus TVC. Power amp - Home built Kt90 Single ended zero feedback called A "London" by the designer. Speakers Quad ELS 57's.
    Supported by a Trichord modified Pioneer CD player and Audio Synthesis DAX decade. Also have A pair of Klipschorns and a Trends Audio TA-10.1 in my AV room

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007
    ADPully, Jul 10, 2007
  2. ADPully

dunkyboy

ADPully - that is a fantastically interesting system you've got there... If I were anywhere near Oxford I would be banging down your door to have a listen. :p

Dunc

dunkyboy, Jul 11, 2007
  3. ADPully

ADPully

Dunc Thanks for the nice comments yes Its a long way to come to listen - I see we have some parity in our system with the Dax yours - Much of my system has been resident with me for a long time but the Vinyl bits and the preamp is quite recent. Next purchase is likely to be a cartridge I am investigating a Musicmaker or a Dynavector. The SP10 replaced an old LP12. The Linn sounded very good and musical to my ears however the SP10 does music plus accuracy and leaves the linn sounding a bit fuzzy. This is my second SP10 my first was not too stable I put it in a skip around 6 years ago the wife was moaning about clutter -I found later the fix was simple. She also moaned about the Klipschorns said it was the worst thing Id done in 30 years and that they were hidious. For me it was the best thing Id done in 30 years - We are working on this issue but they wont be skipped for sure but i might.

ADPully, Jul 11, 2007
  4. ADPully

dunkyboy

Hehe - mmm, Klipschorns...

Cartridge-wise, I can heartily recommend Dynavectors. My DV17D3 is a sweet thing - wonderfully fun and bouncy without sacrificing neutrality, resolution, dynamics, soundstage, etc etc.

Dunc

dunkyboy, Jul 11, 2007
  5. ADPully

ADPully

Dunc ATC and Klipsches are at opposite ends of audio spectrum I think thats fun - Im guessing we both love music. My favs Gentle Giant - If youve heard of then Ill be surprised.

ADPully, Jul 11, 2007
  6. ADPully

VinylLover

Sorry to butt in here but I know exactly who Gentle Giant are.
    They were formed from the remains of Simon Dupree and the Big Sound who had a hit with 'Kites' in the late sixties. And this is where I get geeky, they were one of the first bands on Vertigo:)

Gordon

VinylLover, Jul 13, 2007
  7. ADPully

johnfromnorwich Tannerd.

Have you read Paul Stump's book about them? I was amazed to see that a publisher thought there was a market for such an item! By the same author: 'The Music's all that Matters: A History of Progressive Rock' - excellent cultural history of the genre.

johnfromnorwich, Jul 13, 2007
  8. ADPully

ADPully

Thanks john I havent but I will check it out - just bought In the glasshouse on vinyl -deep joy

ADPully, Jul 13, 2007
Ask a Question