Advice/help appreciated...Luxman

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by precise1234, Sep 29, 2008.

1. precise1234

precise1234

Hi to all,

Great to have found such a vibrant forum as this.

Am hoping for some advice:

I have a Luxman 1000 series system - amp, pre-amp and CD player, running with Monitor Audio Gold speakers - the sound is magnificent.

Problem is, I put a really defective CD in the player (by accident) and the player is now messed up - the sound is unstable, there are horrendous crackles and a constant fizzy sound. I've tried running a lens cleaner, but no improvement.

Question is this: Is it possible to just have this fixed at, say, a good local repairer? I mean will they be able to get proper Luxman parts, bearing in mind Luxman in the UK seems so rare...

Or, if I were to buy a really good CD player from another brand, would I get the same 'perfect' sound I'm used to from the Luxman? I have no idea if these systems are somehow designed to be totally compatible with only their own brand kit, or if I can actually get the same result from another good CD player. I'd rather buy something new than try and try unsucessfully to have the Luxman repaired, if it came to it and I could get the same result.

Any advice really appreciated. Am lost without this CD player working.

Thanks in advance.
    Nick

precise1234, Sep 29, 2008
  2. precise1234

defride

defride, Sep 30, 2008
  3. precise1234

SMEagol Because we wants it...

Jim's a really top bloke, sure he can help. :)

SMEagol, Sep 30, 2008
  4. precise1234

jack wallst Audio equipment fan

Why don't to approach the brand's customer care or have they replied in the negative?

jack wallst, Oct 1, 2008
  5. precise1234

D Louth 77

Unless the cd put in the player was damaged(not scratched). Say cracked, badly warped, or shedding its playback surface I can't see an undamaged(but scratched) disc causing a problem. It is more likely to be a coincidence that your player is now faulty.

How was this cd messed up, as you put it.

Luxman is a quality brand, so fixing it should not be a problem. Are you sure its the cd player?

Regards D Louth

D Louth 77, Oct 2, 2008
Ask a Question