Advice on LK280 Spark

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by DaveHiFi, Jan 20, 2006.

1. DaveHiFi

DaveHiFi Seeking Nirvana

Hello,

This is my first post, and would like to ask if anyone has any information that would enable me to obtain a spark for my LK280. I would also like to hear if theres a DIY version of the spark or indeed a alternative.
    I must admit to liking my LK280 but someone has told me that the spark takes the amp up another level without loosing its sound signature. Any advice would be welcome, thanking you in advance,

Dave

DaveHiFi, Jan 20, 2006
  2. DaveHiFi

robs

Hen's teeth...but a lot more expensive if you should be lucky enough to find one. Have not seen anything about a DIY version, but would also be interested if anyone has any ideas...

robs, Jan 20, 2006
  3. DaveHiFi

coxybabe

Hi Dave HiFi,

I have gone through the route of LK280 : Lk280+Spark : Klout.

The main difference between the LK280 and the same with Spark was that the complete power supply was taken out of the LK280 and put into a separate box, called a Spark. The 2 were then attached to each other via a pair of leads. Just buying a Spark on its own (if that were possible) would leave you with the problem of stripping down your LK280 to remove its powere supply and then installing the 2 small sockets on the back to receive the power leads from the Spark.

To be honest, I was not "blown away" by the change from LK280 to LK280+Spark: the real difference was moving up to a Klout - that was really a sea change. For the first time, my Kef reference 104/2s speakers really sounded like they were being effortlessly supplied with power with a massive increase in soundstaging and bass.

If it helps at all, I still have the LK280 and Spark and could take photos of them plus their internals: best would be to find them as a pair though and sell the LK280 on. Or swallow the pill and go straight to a Klout.

Regards,
    Dave

coxybabe, Jan 21, 2006
  4. DaveHiFi

DaveHiFi Seeking Nirvana

Thank you for the advice Robs and Coxybabe. I PM'd another member on here on a different thread and the gentleman kindly suggested a re-cap of the LK280 and I have messaged him regarding any more info.
    Regards
    Dave

DaveHiFi, Jan 21, 2006
Ask a Question