Always tired

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PBirkett, Jun 6, 2005.

1. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I am starting to get concerned for my health a bit, I notice I am always tired and lethargic. I have always been this way to a degree, but its definitely getting worse. :(

Most days now, I struggle to find any motivation to do my job, and it could get me into trouble if I dont change. Its not that I'm unhappy with the job or the people as I generally like both. My life is alright and am generally pretty happy with it.

I eat my fruit and get my vitamins, and I try to generally eat as well as I can.

I usually also have a sore throat and neck, however, I put this down to having too many bongs and possibly too much drink. This makes it even worse.

Last night I hardly slept a wink, and today, I feel like I did on a number of occaisions. I feel so tired, that sometimes I feel light headed and wonder if I could pass / black out.

I definitely do not have a clear head any more, and I just feel like I am running on autopilot. I dont seem to have any opinions or anything any more, I dont seem to give a toss what happens to me, just a feeling of exhaustion mixed with total apathy.

What could be wrong?

Does anyone have any suggestions to make?

PBirkett, Jun 6, 2005
  2. PBirkett

Markus S Trade

Cut out ANY drugs for 4 weeks, including alcohol and nicotine.

If your symptoms persist, see a doctor and /or a psychiatrist, you may be sufferring from depression.

Markus S, Jun 6, 2005
  3. PBirkett

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I would suggest going to a medical professional...

All sorts of things it could be.

I-S, Jun 6, 2005
  4. PBirkett

mr cat Member of the month

cut the bongs down mate... ;)

mr cat, Jun 6, 2005
  5. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I was guessing that I'd be having to cut back with the chemicals. I guess it has to be the first thing to try.

I enjoy my little "escapes" from reality, but I dont know how much longer I can struggle on like this when I have to try and keep a job!

PBirkett, Jun 6, 2005
  6. PBirkett

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

In addition to the previous advice, try adding some physical activity, especially if there's something you know you used to enjoy doing. Also check that it's not a simple thing like lack of iron caused by alcohol interfering with uptake, or something. Like Isaac said, a sympathetic professional could begin to zero in.

SteveC, Jun 6, 2005
  7. PBirkett

johnhunt recidivist

i think the answer lies here

I usually also have a sore throat and neck, however, I put this down to having too many bongs and possibly too much drink. This makes it even worse.

johnhunt, Jun 6, 2005
  8. PBirkett

auric FOSS

A cut down on the more obvious poisions for a while plus a bit of physical activity should not only make you feel better but I think it may also help with the much anticipated shagfest as per your AdultFinder thread.

After all what could be worse than failing to rise to the occasion due to an accumulation of drink, drugs and depression?

auric, Jun 6, 2005
  9. PBirkett

Bob McC living the life of Riley

Anyone who has a serious concern over their health and refers to a hifi forum for advice before seeing their GP needs psychiatric help in my opinion.

Bob

Bob McC, Jun 6, 2005
  10. PBirkett

joel Shaman of Signals

IME, do all the healthy stuff mentioned above, but above all look for more interesting work. I survive pretty well on a diet of caffeine, alcohol and fish, but only because I find my work totally absorbing (for about 70hrs/wk)

joel, Jun 6, 2005
  11. PBirkett

Lt Cdr Data om

possibilities:

virus
    chemicals/booze as mentioned
    idiopathic, which means unattributable to any specific cause/unknown origin
    you could be suffering from depression...classic symptoms
    life pressure/stress caught up.
    hormones
    blood chemistry
    organ function...liver etc...
    blood sugar
    many others
    al quaeda attack

this is the modern malaise which afflicts many, you are by no means alone.

Lt Cdr Data, Jun 6, 2005
  12. PBirkett

MO! MOnkey`ead!

As others have said. Cut out the drugs for a while (don't go for toMOrow, next week, etc... do it today and do it completely, or you'll keep putting it off). This may or may not help, but you owe it to yourself to at least try and see if it does. And it's good to prove to yourself that you are genuinely in control of it.

Water! I've heard a few times about tiredness and depression often being down to lack of water intake. Our bodies are MOstly water, makes sense to make sure you're consuming plenty.

Exercise is also very important IMO. You'll get your general fitness up and find you have MOre energy. You'll probably also raise your self confidence too.

MO!, Jun 6, 2005
  13. PBirkett

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

Another vote for cutting back on the bongs..
    If you're smoking heavy duty weed in it there'll be so much THC in your blood you'll never get a chance to recover - not only that you'll need stronger and stronger ones to get the same effect (I know, I was a chillum king 20 years ago!).
    If you can't cut back on the spliff smoking, don't make them so strong - even better don't smoke any skunk or the like - as Goldie Looking Chain say "soap bar is the best":D

And get into some form of strenuous exercise - it'll help your body break toxins down.

leonard smalls, Jun 6, 2005
  14. PBirkett

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I'll 2nd that.

I used to wack up a draw in the mornin' - whilst thoroughly enjoying it for years it eventually led to 'issues' (although that could have been the speed, the acid, or the shrooms too!).

Whatever - Shmokin leads to apathy and all the things related.

Grow out of it if its doing this to you.

good luck //lamboy

lAmBoY, Jun 6, 2005
  15. PBirkett

Rory satisfied

get a woman. See AFF thread :)

Rory, Jun 6, 2005
  16. PBirkett

julian2002 Muper Soderator

another vote for a general lifestyle sort out... stop smoking the blunts, give up normal ciggies, sort your diet, lower your alchohol intake and get some excersise.
    go see a doctor as well and get checked out for anything wrong, but he'll probably just tell you the same things we have to start off with.
    i started fixing my life a couple of years ago and now feel better than ever so it is possible.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jun 6, 2005
  17. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Ta for the kind words lads, it looks like I really do need to go cold turkey... I've been talkin about it for months, maybe even years, but I keep puttin it off, of course it doesnt help when you live with people who encourage you.

I had to go home from work early today, thought i was going to pass out or something. Yet when I got outside, I started to feel better, and eventually, I decided to take advantage of the sun and go for a drive and feel a bit better, but I cant understand why just doing that would help make me feel better, having a drive always did help, its always when I sit unstimulated that i begin to feel dodgy :confused:

PBirkett, Jun 6, 2005
  18. PBirkett

johnhunt recidivist

paul

could the fact your always tired have anything to do the with adult friend finder thread.

johnhunt, Jun 6, 2005
  19. PBirkett

Lt Cdr Data om

it could be the work environment...air cond., no sunlight, computers, em radiation, sedentary, I suspect unknown factors not yet discovered are at work, no pun intended.

Lt Cdr Data, Jun 6, 2005
  20. PBirkett

GAZZ

Go to the Doctors first. It does sound like intolerance to food or chemicals. I went years ago and had lots of tests, I had an intolerance to Wheat, after 6 months without it i felt better than ever. Then i could eat it again.

GAZZ, Jun 6, 2005
Ask a Question