Always tired

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PBirkett, Jun 6, 2005.

1. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Not really. I just fancied a bit leg over.

PBirkett, Jun 6, 2005
  2. PBirkett

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Paul,

As mentioned many times, go to the doctor as soon as possible. How about making an appointment tomorrow?

SCIDB

SCIDB, Jun 6, 2005
  3. PBirkett

analoguekid Planet Rush

Classic weed abuse symptoms, although could be masking something more serious. It's not unknown for guys of your age to manifest with type 1 diabetes, do you pee a lot and have excess thirst? Probably weed and booze though, but best to get checked, and tell your doc about the weed, they won't really care (from a legal standpoint).

analoguekid, Jun 6, 2005
  4. PBirkett

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

A close friend got very ill from bongs. You ain't just inhaling smoke. He got Bronchitis at 19.

It sounds very much like depression, other symptoms would include signing up to online chat up rooms ;)

garyi, Jun 6, 2005
  5. PBirkett

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

if your using soapbar in yer bongs stop now,all that dogshit and turps aint doing you any good.get some decent homegrowen green and slowly start decreasing your intake so theres more avaliable for me

themadhippy, Jun 6, 2005
  6. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

AK, I dont really exhibit any excessive thirst or pssing. So I doubt its that, I did wonder sometimes, but seeing as you said that I dont think so.

Gary, Hippy, I am well aware smokin aint good for me (it probably is soapbar btw), but I have to say i have never had a bad chest off it. Only when I've had colds anyway.

To be honest, I've been dwelling on this a bit tonight (i've been on my own in the house all night so I've had time to think), and while I think the chemicals probably arent helping, that much I agree with, I've always tended to feel this way for as long as I can remember, even into childhood. I've no idea why, but strangely, one of the worst things for me is being alone (but sometimes I need to be), and perhaps that results in symptoms such as going on adult friend finder ;)

PBirkett, Jun 6, 2005
  7. PBirkett

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

more advice of the same mate.

exercise is about the only good drug - for making you feel less tired, more alive etc.

exercise will also give you something to do when you're feeling bored. - join a gym, or go to a pool a few times a week, or ride a bike. You wont be bored and you'll feel better.

Dope definately makes you lethargic.

alcohol and tabs just make you feel like shit. cutting down is always good.

You're eating well which is good.

A doctors a good idea. Blokes seem to be afraid of going to the doctor unless they have a major illness. Its just daftness on our part.

Also sounds like you need to think about living with healthier flatmates?

Just some thoughts.

bottleneck, Jun 6, 2005
  8. PBirkett

stumblin Kittens getting even...

Sounds at least in part like "hate-my-job"alitis. You don't want to be there, so your body found you an excuse not to be. I've had before myself. Felt like crap at work, as soon as I got out I felt fine and wanted to go to the beach.

I have to echo Bob's sentiments ultimately though. Why the hell come on a hi-fi forum for advice about health. Go to the doctor. I'm sure he'll prescribe giving up the grog, the pot, the ciggies, and getting more exercise, but who's to say this isn't symptomatic of something really serious? If you are actually concerned, go to doctor.

stumblin, Jun 6, 2005
  9. PBirkett

stumblin Kittens getting even...

You need to either have the strength of character to say "no", or you need to get new flat-mates. Question is - do you want to give up? Or do you just think you should. If you want to give up, it will be a hell of a lot simpler. If you just think you should, but don't really want to, it will likely just be hell.

stumblin, Jun 6, 2005
  10. PBirkett

auric FOSS

(1) Get ASBOs for your flatmates - they might be making you ill.
    (2) Give this a bash it won't take too long.

auric, Jun 6, 2005
  11. PBirkett

Tenson Moderator

I have had chronic fatigue or 'M.E' for the last 3 or so years. It sounds very similar. It seems to come from pushing yourself way too hard or being stressed out, then later in life you could develop chronic fatigue. The best thing to do if you believe it might be this is to let yourself rest before it gets bad. As I got it while I was at secondary school I didn't really have the option, but in the end it just got so bad I couldn't go in.. I would come home from school and fall asleep in the hallway not even getting upstairs.

It's more likely to be the drugs though!

The exercise thing is true as well, I was doing some press-ups 3 or 4 times a week and then stopped recently.. just too busy and tired from being busy. I think I feel more tired for stopping! I should do some now but there is no point when I have alcohol in me it just makes it way too hard!

Tenson, Jun 7, 2005
  12. PBirkett

Lt Cdr Data om

tbh, whilst going to the quack is the official thing to do, these symptoms are so common nowadays and so vague, there could be a multitude of possible causes, none of which may show up if he does the std blood tests.
    he will only likely say what has been said here. I have m.e., too, and know a thing or two about these symptoms, the absolute worst thing you can do is, if its a virus, work hard, as you could immobilise yourself for years.

Lt Cdr Data, Jun 7, 2005
  13. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

You know the more that gets said about ME/CFS, the more it rings true with me, especially the part about pushing myself hard when you are already tired, it really seems to knacker me for days afterwards. If I dont listen to my body when its tired, I really seem to suffer the consequences.

Also, LCD hit on something there when he said about going to the docs. Take it from me people, it wouldnt be the first time I've been for such symptoms (admittedly years ago now), and they did blood tests and all sorts, and just tried to say I drank too much. Well maybe I did, but when I stopped, I didnt really get any better...

I guess I was mainly after ways of coping with it.

PBirkett, Jun 7, 2005
  14. PBirkett

T-bone Sanchez

I went for blood tests coz I had similar symptoms. My liver functions were quite high and remained high over the next few tests. They struggled to find an answer and implied I really need to look at my alchohol intake, prob is I drink very little and can go many weeks without a drop. After that they put it down to my long-running battle with depression, go figure.

T-bone Sanchez, Jun 7, 2005
  15. PBirkett

badchamp Thermionic Member

Having just been diagnosed with type 2, - in my case anyway, there were a lot more symptoms which with hindsight should have been a bit of a give-away. But tiredness and lethargy were certainly two of them.

badchamp, Jun 7, 2005
  16. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Mine result was exactly the same when I had one.

PBirkett, Jun 7, 2005
  17. PBirkett

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

Jesus Birkett - sounds like your talking youself into some serious self prognosis!

Before leaping into the abyss, do the simple things. Give up the dope, drink moderately (or give up completey), get some excercise. If you still have the same symptoms then go see the doctor. Dont waste his time until you do this for at least a month, and dont waste your time by panicing yourself by 'internet forum self prognosis'.

In the words of the great god (and Indian subcontinent child labour abuser) 'Nike' -----> Just Do It.

lAmBoY, Jun 7, 2005
  18. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Yeah I realise I've gotta try this, cant do any harm to give up for a while. The mental battle is what I am dreading most...

Bloody hell, makes me sound like a right junkie, lol.

PBirkett, Jun 7, 2005
  19. PBirkett

Heavymental

Agree with most of the above. Its pretty straight forward, the challenge for you is getting around to implementing the advice. Stopping the poisons should be easy, just a case of saying No instead of Yes. Although that sounds idealistic thats what it comes down to and you have to be strong as drugs are probably where alot of your problems stem from.

Exercise is another biggy, a good way to get some exercise without signing up to a gym or making a massive life change is to go for a half hour walk every day at lunch or parking down the road and walking to work. Of course, if you're willing to make a big life change, get a bike and start playing footy or going swimming or whatever floats your boat as that will yield the biggest results, but if not just try and incorporate more wandering around into your daily life. Although it might seem insignificant it does help.

Its good that you're eating right as that is another major factor. You might want to get this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...5512/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_11_4/026-8456246-7429215

(bargain at £4 now I look) which has some good stuff on foods for feeling good and removing toxins from your system. I swear steamed Brocolli helped me feel better after a bad spell and try making a smoothie for breccy every day...tinned fruit is fine and easy with some live yogurt and a banana. Get one of those handheld blenders and it takes literally 2 minutes and tastes lovely. Drink a shtload of water every day aswell..have a small bottle on your desk and keep sipping all day like the modern woman does! You got to start thinking about your body as a temple and getting some pride going...eat right and regularly and your halfway there.

A major tip though is get off the computer or tv in the evening. Chatrooms and dating sites are a recipe for insomnia and you feel so much better for leaving it off and doing something else, Just listen to some music and chill out or go for a walk or drive to somewhere nice. I cut down on my tv and pc use a while ago by saying to myself "I got to stop living my life through screens" it worked for me....go and do something real! You don't want to look back on your life as years spent playing Halo or wanking off after evenings spent in a chatroom with people you never actually meet. Summers here now aswell so the options for doing something outside are endless. Get a frisbee or a football and drag your housemates out to your nearest patch of greenery (the legal kind of greenery!)

Sorry if I sound like a life coach man but get some wholesome living going and things might start looking a whole lot brighter. Its good that you like your job...thats more than alot of people have, so build the other areas of your life up and things will improve. Maybe take a week off work to kickstart a new approach. Read biographies about people like Lance Armstrong and get some idea of how other people use their 3 score and 10 years.

Good luck Paul, be dynamic and start fighting back.

Love,
    Mr motivator!

Heavymental, Jun 7, 2005
  20. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Thanks for your post mate. Just what I needed :)

I think I might take a week off next week. I definitely need a break. You are right, I think I've just gotta start again from scratch really with my life.

I've felt like this for ages, and promised myself to do something about it, but as of yet, I've done nowt. About time I did something before its too late.

PBirkett, Jun 7, 2005
Ask a Question