Always tired

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PBirkett, Jun 6, 2005.

1. PBirkett

Tenson Moderator

Or try a colonic irrigation! I just remembered a TV program where they tried all different sorts of things to help ppl get over tiredness and depression and that really worked for the guy who had it.

Tenson, Jun 7, 2005
  2. PBirkett

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Almost certainly the work environment; NO-ONE on my floorplate here is without a cough, and most of them are squareheads. There's constand colds and viral infections going round, and the air quality is so poor (due to being recycled IMO) that most of us are half asleep for most of the afternoon.

Smoking bongs won't be helping you at all - but you spend 1/3 of your day at work - I blame a lot of my ill health episodes on that.

Mind you, cycling and walking a lot help to balance out my intake of naughties - of which I've cut down TONNES.

As for "needing psychological help" because Paul came here to ask advice - I can sympathise. Unless I really f***ed up on naughties, I'd never tell a doctor I do 'em before ruling them out from peer experience. I don't trust doctors one little bit anyway, so always ask friends before going to a disease-infested waiting room.

domfjbrown, Jun 7, 2005
  3. PBirkett

Heavymental

Good luck with it mate and don't lose momentum. Keep the good stuff going until it becomes habit.

Heavymental, Jun 7, 2005
  4. PBirkett

Graham C

Paul, just a thought - when I used to go to Northumberland Rd baths [City Hall], it was full of single birds. Try two nights a week?

Graham C, Jun 7, 2005
  5. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Graham, I went there quite a bit a few months back until I stopped going. There is loads of totty in there, your right, but I've got a body like Peter Kay, so I didnt exactly get any offers :D

PBirkett, Jun 7, 2005
  6. PBirkett

Joe

Isn't that a picture of you on your posts then?

Joe, Jun 7, 2005
  7. PBirkett

T-bone Sanchez

If it is then Im gay.

T-bone Sanchez, Jun 7, 2005
  8. PBirkett

pe-zulu

In your age, probably depression, maybe worse than that.
    You must visit a doctor, now!

pe-zulu, Jun 7, 2005
  9. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Worse? Do I really wanna know?

Anyway, no thats not a picture of me, sorry to disappoint.

I probably look more like this:-

[​IMG]

PBirkett, Jun 7, 2005
  10. PBirkett

Joe

S'OK, I'm spoken for anyway!

Joe, Jun 7, 2005
  11. PBirkett

pe-zulu

You looked more handsome when you were young

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2006
    pe-zulu, Jun 7, 2005
  12. PBirkett

Mart Smog Dodger

Paul

Doors always open, even if you just wanna rant.

Or we could go chav beating down the Boro again :D :D :D

But I do agree with others and think a trip to the Docs is in order.

Mart.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2005
    Mart, Jun 7, 2005
  13. PBirkett

greg Its a G thing

What you are describing matches my experience and that of several of my friends.

#1 if you take MDMA (E's) you need to stop and for a long time (IMO). You could very well find you are depleting your Serotonin levels and they can take ages to be restored and apparently sometimes never return to their natural levels prior to taking MDMA.

#2 Of all the drugs I personally found canabis to be more harmful and over a longer period of time than any other largely because it has a reputation for having little or no risks amongst those who use it. I used it heavily from 14 to 26 and I sometimes feel using it for such an extended period has changed me permanently in some ways. I'd say take a break from anything containing THC for 6 months. Sounds harsh but that's what I recommend.

#3 If you use coke take a break, it does more harm than you think.

#4 if you use H or crack I'm not surprised you feel that way

greg, Jun 7, 2005
  14. PBirkett

greg Its a G thing

I completely relate to what you are saying here. I've always struggled to motivate myself. I've kind of tried to compensate by making my daily life demanding to force me to "grasp the nettle" so to speak.

I think the reason I ultimately saw my drug use as a negative thing was due to my own tendency to feel lethargic and lack organisation. I think I naturally need a bit extra rest than most folks and struggle when I cant get it. Those extra strains on my mind and body (ie. use of drugs) made things more difficult certainly.

Where I also started to question the purpose and validity of certain aspects of my life in combination this really sapped my motivation. I was suffering with mild to moderate depression. Anti-depressants helped in some ways, lifestyle change made the most difference.

These feelings of depression have come and gone over the years. I found exercise, trying to regulate my sleep (ie. just getting to bed earlier) and stopping use of all narcs made a big difference. Most of my friends have continued with the drugs, some on and off, others moved to harder things and have suffered a lot as a result. I stopped taking anything shortly before my wife discovered she was pregnant for the first time (1995) and never really looked back.

I suppose in some ways I've replaced the drugs with wine. I dont find it hard to not drink, but when I do (in moderation of course) I sometimes end up getting to bed far too late and struggle to get going in the morning which leaves me less organised the following day too. It's kind of a cycle that's hard to break and is in some ways similar to previous patterns, but the side-effects are minimal so...

I hope some of this helps in some way. PM me anytime if you want to talk off-line.
    G

greg, Jun 7, 2005
  15. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Mart, cheers mate, you know what I'm like after all, and you know I've been thinking about this for quite a while now... but my housemates are helping me out so I should be able to conquer it if I want.

Greg, interesting posts there mate, i enjoyed reading them, and i'm obviously not that unusual after all. Its all going to be a case of changing my life, and cutting out the crap....

To answer your individual points from the first reply....

1. I used to take E quite some time ago, and the last time I had any was perhaps 4 weeks ago. However, especially in the last 6 or 7 years, its something that has only been done very infrequently, and the last one I didnt really want to take it all that much anyway, as I'm not that keen on E at the best of times. Makes me overheat badly (and I get hot very easily anyway). Even when I was using, it was a once a week or every other week thing for maybe 6 - 12 months. I've never regarded it as being a problem.

2. I've smoked dope for a similar length of time to you, maybe 14 years old to the current date (now 26). Between the ages of 14 and about 18 or so, I did it whenever I could, but that wasnt very often at all. Once or twice a week at most, but sometimes I could go months between having any. Then when I got to 18, it became an every weekend and occaisionally through the week situation, until I got to about 19 or so, then I began to smoke it VERY heavily, I'm talking as much as 3/4 of an ounce a week. All in buckets as well. That couldnt have done me much good, and I couldnt sustain that level of use for long, however, I continued to smoke every day for about 3 years or so, until I had what I can only describe as a 'psychotic' episode. That made me stop for a while, eventually I returned to daily use, but a lot less than before. I'm talking maybe a 1/4 a week at the most. From then on, I've never regained the ability to smoke so much (probably a good thing), but nevertheless, probably still too much, and that continues until the present day, but even though I was down to perhaps 2 or 3 bong hits on a night (small ones at that), it still seems to be damaging my health. My ability to smoke large amounts has seriously dimished over the years... and I admit i am addicted to the feeling it gives, but increasingly i am becoming less satisfied as time goes on, and more guilty after when i've done it.

3. I've done coke probably 3 times ever in my entire life, the last time well over a year ago. Too expensive and too crap for what it actually offers - designer speed.

4. Never done either crack or H. Never want to either, because if I struggle so much just with dope, then i cant even begin to imagine what getting off those would be like.

Anyway, my first night tonight where I havent had any. Had massive cravings, but my housemates suggested doing one thing at a time rather than trying to go cold turkey on everything, so I allowed myself a few bottles of beer to take the edge off my cravings (and boy have they been present tonight), but I am sitting now, not having had any, so am quite pleased with myself so far tonight. :)

PBirkett, Jun 7, 2005
  16. PBirkett

Markus S Trade

Good. Take it one day at a time.

Markus S, Jun 8, 2005
  17. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Thanks.

What a difference a day makes. I feel more awake already. I'm not 100% yet, but the improvement even after one day is noticable. :)

PBirkett, Jun 8, 2005
  18. PBirkett

T-bone Sanchez

To be fair you must have alot of crap in your body so its going to take time. Have you thought about a detox diet for a week or so??

Just remembered. When I was into bbuilding all those years ago the most best method of ridding shite from from your body was good old Vit C and water. We use to take at least 1 gram a day and drink a few litres of water throughout the day. You piss like a race horse but its works big time. Vit C is a natural detoxifier thats water soluble. Id start with 1 gram in the morning and 1 gram in the evening for a couple of weeks and drink plenty of water. After a few days you'll notice your piss go a very dark colour in the morning and be quite abrupt on the nostrils but it clears up after a few days. You could also use milk thistle as this is an excellent liver detoxifier and is el cheapo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2005
    T-bone Sanchez, Jun 8, 2005
  19. PBirkett

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

I disagree - there's a mighty difference between a whizz and charley comedown. Neither are much good for you mind you!

As for smoke - one day CAN make a huge difference. Your heart rate goes up when you smoke anything at all, so if you hit the bongs hard, your body will be physically knackered through a lot of the night due to the racing heart.

Beer is my biggest vice - I don't do it (or smoke) every night, but even on a week night it's not unheard of for me to neck 8 tins. Not good in the morning!

Personally, out of anything naughty I've done, MDMA (powder, not pills) has the best combination of up time and down time - far superior to alcohol. Probably far worse for you yoo - so it's a good thing I've only done it twice - and that was a while back!

Giving up straight nicotine and caffiene are the hardest I reckon - unless of course you use H or crack... In which case you'd have to be missing a piece of your brain - look at Pete Dougherty for example: "what a waster he pissed it all up the wall". Babyshambles alright. What a waste of talent.

domfjbrown, Jun 8, 2005
  20. PBirkett

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

SteveC, Jun 8, 2005
Ask a Question