Always tired

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PBirkett, Jun 6, 2005.

1. PBirkett

michaelab desafinado

You beat me to it :)

michaelab, Jun 8, 2005
  2. PBirkett

lordsummit moderate mod

The lethargy that weed induces is patently obvious if you work in inner city schools. I've taught a goodly number of pupils unable to stay awake for an entire day, or be unable to engage in a task properly. Whether this is down to the drug or the lack of a proper sleep cycle I don't know.
    Establishing a clear routine at bedtime could help you Paul, try and go to bed at the same time most nights and get up at the same time. Make the most of the good weather, get out and use it. The doctors advice is to have at least 2 alcohol free days and don't binge drink. I find that very hard, being quite capable of chucking far too much down my neck. Don't spend too long on the computer either.

lordsummit, Jun 8, 2005
  3. PBirkett

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

And do some exercise!
    Though if you're smoking 1/4 oz of spliff a week you probably will find it difficult to be bothered...
    I'd recommend cycling - it's reasonably low impact, is only just behind Nordic Ski-ing and running in terms of aerobic effectiveness and beats both of them hands down as a means of transport (unless you've got thick snow!)
    Amazing how much more energy you'll have if you do 20 mins or more cycling a day.
    And you'll get buns of steel :D

leonard smalls, Jun 8, 2005
  4. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

OK, tonight is my first night without any weed AND booze, and I have to say, feeling a bit worse for wear now. Bad headache, chest pain and fever is what I seem to have been greeted with. All I feel like doing now, is curling up in a ball and going to bed. Which is exactly what I am going to do.

PBirkett, Jun 8, 2005
  5. PBirkett

Tenson Moderator

Keep it up mate! This has inspired me to start on the exercise again after missing any, beyond walking places, for about one month.

As I am skinny and don't eat a lot anyway I think I degrade quickly. I couldn't do more than 20 (hands together, proper) press-ups on Monday and now can do almost 30! I was doing about 80 before I stopped :( I do think it helps you to stop getting depressed so easily.

So to change the subject a little bit, why do you think so many young people are depressives? Maybe it is just the kind of people I know, but for example, nearly all my friends do, or have, self mutilated. Older people seem shocked if I tell them this, saying it was only mentally unstable / sick people in their day that did it! Maybe if you don't become a Chav, you become depressed seeing them all!

Tenson, Jun 9, 2005
  6. PBirkett

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

AND ME! That said, she had something like 14 pints over a couple of hours, so it's not surprising she died. Apparently her brain swelled. Not pleasant...

20 mins a day on a bike = buns of steel? Nah - I don't see that. I'm skinny as f*** but I've still got mild love handles after 3 months' of bike commuting! My ribs, hip bones and spine still stick out though (my left hip also has a VERY nasty scar from when I fell over at speed (running for a train with a rucksack on) and almost ground through to the bone.

Paul - just have a pint of water an hour (preferrably boiled=then-cooled) and that'll help flush crud out of the system :)

domfjbrown, Jun 9, 2005
  7. PBirkett

Graham C

No, I can well understand it. I am middle aged, reasonably comfortable, on my way to owning a house [if we stop moving], and I wouldn't want to be a young un. And of course CD sound.

Graham C, Jun 9, 2005
  8. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Well another update, I clearly feel more awake / alert today, but feel quite 'down', but then people have said that I have been like this on and off for weeks now, so it could just be that.

However, I wont be beaten!

PBirkett, Jun 9, 2005
  9. PBirkett

greg Its a G thing

The trouble with THC (the active component in canabis) is it is fat soluable. If it is considered a toxin then to encourage its erradication apparently takes arouns 6 months not using it.

I agree the concept of detoxification is probably bullshit, but I do believe what you consume has considerable effects (good or bad) upon your well being.

If a "detox" diet suggests giving up wheat and if one has some sensitivity to wheat (gluten or whatever) then the effect may well be positive. So is this bullshit or benefit?

Similarly cutting out alcohol and caffeine seems likely to present benefits as does drinking more water (if you're not drinking enough). I would argue most people dont drink enough water and as I have got into the habit of drinking more I've realised signals of thirst in me were being ignored.

I feel better for eating more fruit and veg and less pizza and indian takeaway. Not sure if the constitutes a detox diet though :)

greg, Jun 9, 2005
  10. PBirkett

Heavymental

Nice one Paul...good mindset to be in.

Heavymental, Jun 9, 2005
  11. PBirkett

auric FOSS

Paul,
    take it "one day at a time" and keep up the good work.

auric, Jun 9, 2005
  12. PBirkett

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

Slight exagerration I'm afraid - I used to cycle everywhere when I lived in London..
    First year I was a cycle courier, mostly in the city with occasional longer runs, but that averaged 300 miles a week..
    Then I moved to East Ham with a job in Ealing - that was a 50 mile daily cycle (luckily it was 3 day/4 day shift work), plus an obsessive desire to walk miles over mountains carrying a large pack whenever I could...
    And I wouldn't feel happy unless I averaged 20mph cycling in London..
    That's how you get buns of steel!

leonard smalls, Jun 9, 2005
  13. PBirkett

WOAH! I only get between 13.5/14 average speed, but then Exeter's got LOTS of STEEP hills... Mind you, my bike weighs a tonne which doesn't help.

300 miles a week though - wow - that's a lot!!! I've done about 900 on mine in the 2 YEARS I've had it! I've gone from a 7 mile daily commute to 4 as well, which doesn't help matters ;)

Time to take up swimming again.

domfjbrown, Jun 10, 2005
  14. PBirkett

Heavymental

Keep up the good work for the weekend Paul...game of Bowls and a Pimms and Lemonade at most!:)

Heavymental, Jun 10, 2005
  15. PBirkett

MO! MOnkey`ead!

How'd the weekend go mate?

Might be worth watching Panorama this sunday....

MO!, Jun 13, 2005
  16. PBirkett

Doing pot in your early teens is a very dangerous thing... Not to be recommended - when you're in your late (ie 18-19) teens, you're more equipped to deal with real life and experience, and if you must get into it, that should be the earliest you do it IMO.

Personally, I don't class pot as a drug - well, no more so than alcohol and tobacco, and the government don't mind if you choke or booze yourself to death. Maybe Panorama should look into THAT as well - state sponsored suicide and all that...

domfjbrown, Jun 14, 2005
Ask a Question