American style extension multi - socket

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by iansr, Dec 17, 2006.

1. iansr

iansr

I have some american power cords terminated with sealed standard 3 pin North American plugs. I could re-terminate them with UK plugs but I'd rather buy an american style extension strip and just re-terminate its power cord.

Anybody know if there is anyone selling such extensions in the UK? (I've had no luck with google etc.)

iansr, Dec 17, 2006
  2. iansr

narabdela

I had problems finding one of these last year. I eventually sourced one direct from the US via ebay. Not expensive.

narabdela, Dec 17, 2006
  3. iansr

teaseme

I have a spare mains filter / block bought from ebay from Hong Kong, accepts US & UK plugs , IEC at the end so you can use whatever mains lead you like, did seem to delineate soundstage etc, now use a trichord mains conditioner (more expensive) so could sell s/h, or you sometimes see these new on ebay- they're called G&W Power Filter TW- 03D

teaseme, Dec 17, 2006
  4. iansr

iansr

teaseme

Hmmm, I'm really sceptical about power conditioners; the only ones I've heard had the effect of closing in the sound. Any hint of that with the one you have?

How many sockets does it have and aqnd how much do you want for it?

Rgds
    Ian

iansr, Dec 17, 2006
Ask a Question