Amp Problem

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Zoomer, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Zoomer

Zoomer

Hi, long time since I've been on here. any way i have a problem with my Amp and i want to know weather its a fixer or a bin job.
    I'd like to think I would be able to fix it myself but that might be a bit far fetched.

The Amp in question is a Technics SU-A707 It has been a good amp but has had to take the back seat for some time because the right channel is not well.

If I put the volume up on the Right side you get a sound but not a good one which make me believe its the power amp part of the system rather then the preamp part (its in integrated amp) and I can't easily see if there is any damaged parts.

Do you think its worth fixing or getting fixed and does any one know what price fixing something like this would set me back.

Zoomer, Jan 6, 2010
  2. Zoomer

hifi addict

hifi addict, Jan 6, 2010
  3. Zoomer

RobHolt Moderator

Also, if the amp has a pre out or tape out you could try connecting it to another power amp (or anything with a line input) and seeing if the problem remains. If not then the the fault is likely in the power amp only.

RobHolt, Jan 6, 2010
  4. Zoomer

zanash

its an old amp and I'd guess that you have some dry caps in it ....should not be too hard to get it re capped at a reasonable cost ...

a lot depends on how attached to the amp ,you are !

zanash, Jan 7, 2010
  5. Zoomer

Zoomer

I've found a local repair guy that will be coming round to see it, so hopefully I'll have it sorted.

Zoomer, Jan 7, 2010
Ask a Question