Amplifier up to £250 pounds

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by markabuckley, Oct 7, 2005.

1. markabuckley

markabuckley

Was considering X-80 but not sure if physical shape will allow it to be placed where I want it to be.

Anyone with an amp for sale in this price-bracket ?

Thanks, Mark.

markabuckley, Oct 7, 2005
  2. markabuckley

Riverdog

Hi Mark,

I have a Tag Mclaren 60iRV integrated advertised over at HiFi Wigwam which might just take your fancy.

Tag Mclaren 60iRV: It is missing one of its four feet and there is a centimetre long silver scratch on the black remote otherwise in good cosmetic condition. It was bought second hand from Loud and Clear, Edinburgh three years ago. I have used it as a pre amp (2 x pre outs) for most of the time so has had an easy life. There is no phono input. It comes with a 2m Missing Link Orbit mains cable. Original packaging not available. £250

Shamsur

Riverdog, Oct 8, 2005
  3. markabuckley

ianb

If you're interested in trying valves, I have an AMC CVT 3030a which I bought new about 7 years ago, but which is surplus to my requirements. I've been meaning to advertise it for a while, and £250 is the asking price I have in mind. It's a 30W per channel push-pull design using EL34s. It has a phono input (MM). A really good little amp.

From the AMC internet site, I gather that there is no UK distributor, but the 3030a is still in production, selling for $1100 US. If the usual exchange rate for electronics applies that would mean it would be close to £1100 retail these days.

See http://www.amchome.com/Merchant2/me...CVT3030as&Category_Code=Integrated+Amplifiers

A review is at
    http://www.audioenz.co.nz/2000/1103.html

ianb, Oct 9, 2005
Ask a Question