An iffy ebay auction of a different kind.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amazingtrade, Jan 1, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I came accross this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3067578131&category=3280

I am sure the goods exist and he is selling them but the setup sounds a little odd. Why have a stereo suround amp with stereo compoments?

Also he dosn't seem to know what he is talking about. Its probably just me but do you think these items could be of a back of a lorry going to a HIF store?

It gets worse (different seller)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3068712171&category=3280

Who would pay £40 for this? A 6010OSE is pictured but he says RRP £170, (thats the PM4200) the 6010 had an RRP of £230.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2004
    amazingtrade, Jan 1, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Are you saying its not worth forty quid? Seems reasonable to me, and with three days to go will no doubt go up.

To be honest I don't see a problem with either of these auctions.

garyi, Jan 1, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Its not worth £40 if it turns out to be one of the old Marantz 50x amps. Its just because there is no model number if its a 6010ose it would be worh it. It will probably go for much higher than £40 though.

amazingtrade, Jan 1, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

johnhunt recidivist

if you don't want it don't bid on it

johnhunt, Jan 1, 2004
  5. amazingtrade

Rory satisfied

on the first link , its a bit weird flogging a reciever and a tuner all from the same system, and its possibly one of the worst described auctions i've seen-"I can`t list the seperate outputs and inputs of the amp, it is so complex itr has loads of sockets on the back".
    hmm, why not take a photo then :confused:

the 2nd auctions fine- Richer Sounds actually cite the RRP of the PM6010 as £170 too. Maybe this is an official RRP to clear them out for the PM4400ose

Rory, Jan 1, 2004
Ask a Question