An issue of Stereophile I want to read...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by michaelab, Dec 14, 2004.

1. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

...at last :D

I've got one of those electronic Stereophile subscriptions - about $15 a year and you get each issue downloaded in a sort of PDF with bells on format (see http://www.zinio.com/) and you really do get the exact same thing as the print edition, adverts and all. Much cheaper though (esp. in Europe), saves paper and they also use hyperlinks to click from the contents page to articles etc. You can also highlight sections and add comments if you want to.

Anyway, I've been getting if for nearly a year now and have only ever found a handful of articles and reviews I was really interested in but the latest issue (which I'd forgotten had downloaded to my PC - all 15Mb of it - until now) is great.

Reviews of the Rega P5 and P7 TTs, Shure E5c in-ear headphones, the HeadRoom Total BitHead headamp, and various other interesting bits and pieces. Not to mention their 2004 Products of the Year which is always good for a laugh.

btw, I know that reviews are basically a load of bollox but I still like reading reviews of products I'm thinking of buying :)

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 14, 2004
Ask a Question