Anodyne Vertex 2 box valve output DAC

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Effem, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Effem

Effem Cable manufacturer

I'm selling my beloved Anodyne Vertex tube output DAC, the two units on the second shelf down

[​IMG]

Rarer than the proverbial rocking horse poo there were only a handful of these ever built and cost a whopping $8,000 when new in 1995

Digital input is via AES/EBU balanced or RCA co-axial. There is no optical option. The best sounds I reckon are through the balanced connection.

Output is via 2 pairs of E88CC double triodes which have recently been replaced with a set of 4 brand new Teslas. In the last week I fitted a set of tube damping rings and that produced a more focussed sound by reducing the microphony. Recitifier diodes have been replaced with Schottky types and that produced a big uplift in sound quality too.

Each box has it's own independant power supply with on/off switch and IEC inlet at the rear. The two boxes are linked with an umbilical cord just under 1 metre long and a dedicated earth strap.

Sound quality is up there with the high priced esoteric stuff believe me and if you want solid 3 dimensional images from your CDs this baby will provide it. Never sounds "digital" at all and it's the sort of DAC you can listen to for hours and days if you are of a mind to and never once tire of it. The new owner will not be disappointed with it.

SOLD!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2006
    Effem, Nov 27, 2006
  2. Effem

Effem Cable manufacturer

Bump

Effem, Nov 29, 2006
  3. Effem

Effem Cable manufacturer

Bump again.

If anyone has any doubts about how good this bit of kit sounds they are more than welcome to come and have a listen before buying. I bet the cheque book is out before the first track is over :D

Effem, Dec 2, 2006
  4. Effem

Effem Cable manufacturer

Sold!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2006
    Effem, Dec 7, 2006
Ask a Question