Another Little DAC...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by I-S, Nov 8, 2003.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Perhaps this could be considered the M-Audio SuperDAC 2496's bigger brother, in physical size (similar width and height, but deepr) and price ($1100), and apparently performance...

The Apogee MiniDAC. Much like the SuperDAC, this is a piece of pro studio gear which can find application in hifi. Rene Van Es (who is known for having replaced his monarchy 22B with a SuperDAC) is now using one. Connectivity options are interesting, looking at the back panel, and include USB, AES, optical, coax and some other stuff... output is by XLR only. Psu is, surpisingly, by a DC input from an adaptor (suprising because of the wish to drive negative output swings, hence why the superdac has on board rectification of an AC input).

Might be interesting. So WM, when are you getting one in to play with?

I-S, Nov 8, 2003
  2. I-S

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I'll be honest here, having had one, the Monarcy 33 (dual pmc 63k's) trashes it (my megar view), and it's a pre amp and anaolgue in as well, and there's bags of scope for playing, plus a Used 33B is avaliable for $450, another bargin to me.

wadia-miester, Nov 8, 2003
  3. I-S

Graham C

I see the new version of my Peavey Kosmos - the Kosmos Pro has both digital in and out [16/44.1]
    It'll make a bigger impact than some chuffing cables..

Graham C, Nov 8, 2003
Ask a Question