Another Snide Deal From Ebay..

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, May 31, 2008.

1. nando

nando nando

I Have Just Been Informed That If Anyone Putting An Item For Sale On Ebay And List's An Item And States That They Do Not Accept Paypal ,the Bidder Will Be Blocked From Bidding, Could This Be True?...

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2008
    nando, May 31, 2008
  2. nando

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

Tell me, why does every word you type start with a capitol letter? Also , what does “And Lit's An Item” mean?

YNMOAN, May 31, 2008
  3. nando

nando nando

i am a bloody foreigner, any problems?

nando, May 31, 2008
  4. nando

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

Not with you being a foreigner, no...I just wondered why you were going to the trouble of writing everything with a capitol letter.

I did think you meant 'and lists an item' but as the earlier part of the sentence is "Putting An Item For Sale", which means the same thing, I wondered if you were making another point, that I did not understand.

YNMOAN, May 31, 2008
  5. nando

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

Tell Me, Why Are You Not Spelling Capital Correctly?

larkrise, May 31, 2008
  6. nando

banpe2006

Its a disgrace - as is the fact that unless you have 100 = sales, you are obliged to sign up with paypal - It must also be difficult for someone selling now, with the new ruling of sellers not being able to leave negative feedback - I sort of see why this has been introduced, but it really makes the point that "the customer is always right" and Ive met some wanky customers in my time. You cant afford to hang about sending out goods, which is especially awkward with cheques taking 6 days to clear. i had a problem with a non payer recently. ebay fees were 25 quid and no matter how I tried, I could not save the fees after the guy won the bid, refused to pay. I mean, what recourse is there for someone like this who cant recieve poor feedback. As it happened, and just before the rule was introduced, I left him negative feedback and am now waiting for him to "get his own back". Ive made 100 transactions with positive feedback, but this anus could cock things right up. Ebay sucks. (now what was the postage on those records Ive just bought)

banpe2006, May 31, 2008
  7. nando

nando nando

well, i do not know why he spell it wrong, the reason that i typed in such of "up's and downs" it was because i was ungry at the rip-off merchants that try to stop decent people making a few bob,
    nando

nando, May 31, 2008
  8. nando

nando nando

true to that matter, however you can always email the buyer and tell him you refuse the money's that he made to paypal, and then offer him a refund from your a/c and kindly tell him, or her that if paying by cheque they will get the goods quicker, i have an 100% 275 stars and all are happy bunny rabbits, but it is becoming a pain in the rear.
    nando

nando, May 31, 2008
  9. nando

banpe2006

PS - if anyone points out any errors in the above post - you am a batttyboy (ali g voice)

banpe2006, May 31, 2008
  10. nando

nando nando

ha,ha now that is funny, just tied to sell some records on ebay and they blocked the bids, now i was forced to open an a/c. tough, no choice,
    nando

nando, May 31, 2008
  11. nando

nando nando

listing and putting an item for sale, i will explain, listing the item what ever it is for x amount, let's say in your listing you also "not only" discrive the goods etc, but also list that you haven't got a paypal a/c they will block your bids, confused!! so am i as to why,
    nando

nando, May 31, 2008
  12. nando

Bob McC living the life of Riley

I thought from June 2nd everyone has to offer paypal.

Bob McC, May 31, 2008
  13. nando

nando nando

no , sorry april, that's what i have being told from the email i recieved,
    nando, p.s that is probably why i did not sale anything.

nando, May 31, 2008
  14. nando

nando nando

i remember in the mid seventy's when being in retail and amex card was used the retailer passed on the % charge to the customer,, gosh i am getting old,
    nando

nando, May 31, 2008
  15. nando

lbr monkey boy

That still happens quite often and not just for Amex but for all credit cards. DVLA charge a 2.5% surcharge for car tax payments by credit card, a number of travel agents levy a surcharge and I've been charged fees for booking track days by credit card too.

lbr, May 31, 2008
  16. nando

It certainly wasn't since April for me. Since April I've sold 4 items, refused to consider paypal and had no problem. I have been informed by eBay from June 3rd I will have to offer paypal. I do have a sales total of 260 though and I think that has something to do with when you were obliged to offer paypal.

Here's the post on my ebay.

16 May, 2008 | 01:31PM BST

In March we announced that we’ll require all sellers on eBay.co.uk to offer PayPal as a payment method on their listings. We can now confirm that the requirement will take effect on 3rd June 2008.

We’re making this change as buyers are more confident and likely to buy on eBay, and sellers more likely to see their listings convert into sales, when PayPal is offered as a payment method. It also means we can provide protection to buyers should things go wrong. Currently, over 95% of listings on the site already offer PayPal.

More information about safer payments on eBay

Thanks for your support in helping to keep eBay.co.uk a great place to buy and sell.

Bob McC, May 31, 2008
  17. nando

nando nando

see you there,
    nando, watch who might be buying, and what about protection to sellers? and compensation of £150.00 !!!!!!!!! more money from your seller as you get charged 3 times , listing, percetage from ebay and paypal, who is the winner here? or are we all vanearuble and confortable by getting ripped off in every way by this, excuse me it seams that we don't have a choice because we are to lazzy to do something about it, by the way no more packets of 10 fags, and no sex after nine due to noise polution,
    nando

nando, Jun 1, 2008
  18. nando

la toilette Downright stupid

Ebay has it all sewn up, there is no obvious online auction rival that has enough buyers to compete, so they can take the piss if they like (and they do). It's a dead easy way to sell things though if you're willing to risk the potential pitfalls, and you'd be hard pressed to get greater visibility for your item elsewhere. Quite simply, if you don't like the charges or risks then you don't list your stuff there. I still do sell some (but not all) of my unwanted stuff on ebay despite everything, as for a lot of items I won't get more elsewhere, and if you start low you're pretty much guaranteed to shift it, which is the general idea ain't it?!

la toilette, Jun 1, 2008
  19. nando

lbr monkey boy

Personally speaking, I'm perfectly comfortable with it. No-one forces me to sell anything on eBay and when I do, I do so in full knowledge of the fees I'm going to be charged. Maybe I'm less concerned as I've always offered PayPal when selling anyway as I feel that buyers expect it and the additional fees are offset by chance of achieving a greater sale price.

Although I suspect their motive for this move is to drive revenue rather than to afford buyer protection, in the main I think it will be no bad thing for seller or buyer to have an instant payment mechanism available on all auctions.

lbr, Jun 1, 2008
  20. nando

It doesn't offer any seller protection though so for that reason I won't be using it.

Bob McC, Jun 1, 2008
Ask a Question