Any Nakamichi CR7 Owners Out There?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Spenny, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Spenny

Spenny

I'm looking for a copy of the owners manual for a Nakamichi CR7, anyone got one they could either email me or send me?

Thanks.

Spenny

Spenny, Jul 13, 2005
  2. Spenny

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

I am - and then I woke up!

You might be able to download one from the unofficial Nakamichi site

I always wanted a CR7 - never did get the bucks together to get one - I was drooling over the one they had in Audio-T Reading until around 1998...

EDIT: Neil Bennett (iirc) on Pink Fish is selling his - he might be able to help...

domfjbrown, Jul 14, 2005
  3. Spenny

Spenny

Thanks for the reply.

The CR7 was a fantastic bargain, I bought it on ebay from a guy in the US so its the 110v CR7A not CR7E, however, I only paid $335 plus $53 postage and $80 Import Duty & VAT which considering it is in mint condition is a real bargain!

Dragons and CR7's appear regularly on ebay.com and their prices are much lower than on ebay.co.uk so they're worth looking out for.

There are also a couple of Dragons on www.audiogon.com for $550 & $575 if anyone is interested!

I only received it yesterday so haven't really had a good chance to play with it and compare it to my CR3E yet!

Cheers!

Spenny, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Spenny

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Phwoar - nice price - I take it you're using a stepdown tranny then?

I got my DR2 (1992 - I suspect it's ex-Chop 'Em Out or similar tape duplicators) for £90 from Pink Fish last year - fully serviced - and it rocks, but a CR7 would be very nice indeed.

domfjbrown, Jul 15, 2005
  5. Spenny

Spenny

Yes I thought so too, I couldn't believe I go it for that price.

I was going to get the unit serviced by B&W and the voltage changed for 240v, however, when I saw what mint condition it was in and looked at the heads etc I thought I'd run it as is off a Step Down Transformer from Maplin for a while.

I recorded hundreds of albums onto cassette on my CR3 approx. 15 years ago when I had a Pink Triangle PTTOO, SMEV, ATOC9SB through an Audio Innovations Valve Phono Stage, and playing these now on the CR7 has really got me missing that fantastic turntable.

You can hear the effect of the Valve Phono Stage on the overall sound compared to playing the same vinyl on my current Project Classic turntable, its so much warmer yet still strikingly detailed!

Despite the age of the cassettes themselves they still sound wonderful and I will be spending the weekend trying out some old favourites on my new purchase.

Spenny, Jul 15, 2005
Ask a Question