any pink floyd fans?

Discussion in 'General Music' started by sickminddead, Nov 19, 2003.

1. sickminddead

sickminddead

if you love them as much as i do, you should definitely pick up live at pompeii on dvd. it's about time they released it on dvd too, my vhs was getting worn out. it's got a lot of stuff the vhs doesn't, but the best part is the original performance in pompeii. the sound and picture are awesome! has anyone seen it?

sickminddead, Nov 19, 2003
  2. sickminddead

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

I'm looking to buy this at some point - what are the extras?

Tony.

TonyL, Nov 19, 2003
  3. sickminddead

Zoomer

i saw it looking at me the other day in a shop and i was soo close to getting it but I dont have a good sounds on my dvd player.

Zoomer, Nov 19, 2003
  4. sickminddead

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Tony its a tidy version I have to say, the extras would mostly be extracts from recording DSOTM. There is around 20 munites of extra footage but no extra music.

Unfortunatly they did not give you the option of listening to echoes right through which would have been nice.

I picked it up in virgin for 12.99 which I thought was reasonable

garyi, Nov 20, 2003
  5. sickminddead

titian

I am a pink floyd fan. Actually can you tell me which are the best recorded CDs of them. I thought I heard there are remasterings of their works with a very high quality. Does anyone know about these recordings?

I don't know if the DVD would interest me since I am more for high quality CD recordings.

titian, Nov 22, 2003
  6. sickminddead

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Do any of the DSOTM tracks play all the way through, or is it just a documentary. I remember having a bootleg LP of DSOTM live way before the LP release and it was really interesting; On the run had guitars and Great gig in the sky had some bizarre American Christian fundamentalist preacher blabbing away. Cool stuff.

That is a shame and a pretty stupid oversight. I still need to get it just for the version of Set the controls and Cymbaline, both of which I remember being amazing.

One of my friends, who for some reason likes those silver disc things, came to the conclusion that the US or Canadian Floyd releases on Capital sound better than the standard UK issues. They are apparently a different mastering. I remember him playing me both the US and the UK CD of Animals, and the US was certainly better. Me? I've predictably got the records (I'm complete up to Animals, I hate the rest!).

Tony.

TonyL, Nov 22, 2003
  7. sickminddead

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Tony, they do play a little bit of us and them and a few others but only a fews seconds of them, the ectras are just bits of fluff really.

What saves this from being a pointless purchase is the supurb sound quality, they really have done wonders with this recording.

garyi, Nov 22, 2003
Ask a Question