Anyone got a manual for 3A Veena ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Pure_Carbon, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Pure_Carbon

Pure_Carbon Diamond Tipped.

I've been lucky to source a pair of these brilliant speakers second hand recently, but came with no instructions.
    From reading a few reviews i get the impression that 3A are very specific about NOT toe-ing in and that the tweeters should be on the outside.
    I'm worried i'm missing out on some other nuggets of info , especially positioning within the room, and wonder if anyone out there has a set they can photocopy and send me as an attachment?
    PM me if you can.
    Thanks,
    Neil (JJ)

Pure_Carbon, Feb 9, 2008
  2. Pure_Carbon

hifi addict

Hello PC

I'm glad you found a pair. They don't need to be toed in as they are designed to be listened to off axis and give a large sound stage bigger then their size suggests. The serial numbers should either have an L or and R to say which is the left and right. They are quite sensitive to side walls so its best to experiment there.

hifi addict, Feb 9, 2008
  3. Pure_Carbon

JCL

Why not email Ref 3A directly ?

Wicked speakers BTW.

JCL, Feb 10, 2008
  4. Pure_Carbon

Pure_Carbon Diamond Tipped.

I've emailed 3A direct 3 times, with no response, but managed to talk to Simon Bennett at Absolute, who was very helpful.
    I'm really enjoying listening to them, the combo of the Veena's with my newly rebuilt Acutus T/T, I'm getting detail out of my vinyl that is jaw dropping. LPs that i've played for 30 years that i thought I knew intimately ( Abbey Road, & CSNY "Deja Vu") , instruments that just weren't there before are popping up :)
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Pure_Carbon, Feb 12, 2008
Ask a Question