Anyone heard the Simaudio Moon Equinox?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by juboy, Feb 1, 2004.

1. juboy

juboy

As per title really, just interested to hear anyone's views on the Moon Equinox CD player. I can't demo it in my area but have heard good things about it and love it's look.

Online reviews seem a little thin on the ground also.

juboy, Feb 1, 2004
  2. juboy

Robbo

Ju,

Not heard the equinox, but own the Eclipse and have heard the Nova, both of which are superb players. The equinox would definately be worth an audition IMO.

Robbo, Feb 1, 2004
  3. juboy

juboy

Thanks for that. Moon seem to be implying that they've trickled down a lot of the good stuff into the Equinox so that bodes well. I'm going to have to hear one at the Bristol show I think, as long as it performs to the required standard I think it may well be the player for me.

juboy, Feb 1, 2004
  4. juboy

Robbo

Last years Redline room at the show was absolutely awful, one of the worst of the show. If you are disappointed with the sound at Bristol, dont take it as representative of the sound you can get out of the Sim gear.

Robbo, Feb 1, 2004
  5. juboy

Chea Johndle Bizarre Serpent Foomaster

Hi,

Used the Nova at the last Heathrow show, we got a really excellent result. Good, well designed equipment IMHO.

Using the Eclipse 24/96, the P5 pre and the W5 Dual mono amp at the Bristol show this year.

Regards

Chea Johndle, Feb 1, 2004
  6. juboy

Robbo

John,

I was very impressed at Heathrow, for me one of the best sounds of the show.

Looking forward to hearing the setup at Bristol. Having heard the eclipse/P5/W3 combo at merlins, it should be a superb sound.

Robbo, Feb 1, 2004
  7. juboy

bobbybrown

Moon Equinox looks a stunner - I even have a pic of it as wallpaper on my computer. If you are spending that amount of dosh then demo is a must, and to do it with your own equipment. I have not seen one on the second hand market in this Country, and anyone selling new would know a home demo is a must.

BTW, I recently acquired an Audiomeca Mephisto transport (they do CD player too) and whilst the looks are not up to the Moon Equinox (although it is still very attractive, IMHO) the sound is a real hoot - I at last found a transport to synergise with the Chord DAC64 (fluidity and detail). I picked it up second hand circa £1600, although they too seem very few and far between.

bobbybrown, Feb 6, 2004
Ask a Question