anyone know anything about the ariston RD40?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tebbs, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Tebbs

Tebbs

seen an ad for one that says this:

Ariston rd40 Turntable with Linn lvx Plus tone arm and Linn k9 moving magnet cartridge. Outstanding, unusual design with floating suspension adjustment.

Are they any good? how would I know if it was knackered and how much should I pay for one?

Cheers

Tebbs, Mar 29, 2004
  2. Tebbs

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Not great, I'd take a TD160 or Planer 2 over it. The more conventional looking RD80 was not a bad deck, but still struggled to catch a Planar 3. The bargain cheapos from that period are the Walker CJ55 and the Heybrook TT2, and don't over look the unpopular (i.e underpriced) but still excellent 70s Thorens TD125.

Depends a lot if its got an arm or not, I'd say about 40-70 quid without is fair depending on condition. Check the main bearing for wear and the motor for noise, the rest is pretty much cosmetic.

Tony.

TonyL, Mar 29, 2004
  3. Tebbs

Tebbs

Its got a linn lvx plus arm with a k9 cart. any good? and its up for about 70 but Id have to get it posted, might get a bit expensive but i'll have a think.

thanks very much

Andy

Tebbs, Mar 29, 2004
  4. Tebbs

ListeningEar

ListeningEar, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Tebbs

zanash

I've a review somewhere......found it. in a couple of words as TonyL said not great ! the review confirms it.

zanash, Aug 24, 2006
Ask a Question