Anyone know anything bout this cable?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by shrink, Sep 12, 2006.

1. shrink

shrink

shrink, Sep 12, 2006
  2. shrink

pixies a menace to society

no can't find any info but intend to outbid you just out of spite.
    sorry, i've just had a bad day...

pixies, Sep 12, 2006
  3. shrink

zanash

It from richer sound ......its ok thats all, I had a load a while back .... sold it on fleabay its not worth more than £12 for the 14m s/h

zanash, Sep 12, 2006
  4. shrink

shrink

so best off sticking with the DNM reson im using then?

it was just nice handy 7m lengths (which is what i need soon)

shrink, Sep 12, 2006
  5. shrink

zanash

If you like the dnm I don't think you will like the over blown bass and blurry mid and sharp top ....but don't let that stop you. IMO silver plated copper brings out the worst aspects of both copper and silver ...as of the last 25 years I've not heard anything to change my mind.

As to other aspects of the cable its well made and has a good feel ...but these tend not to impact much on the sound.

I'm not fond of bi wire either .....if you have not got rid of the brass jumpers on your speakers pm me !

zanash, Sep 13, 2006
  6. shrink

shrink

well ive never yet heard a ailver plated copper cable that i like... as much as everyone will protest that chords rumour 4 and odyssey are fantastic cables... every time i use them i can hear a shouty and brittle upper midrange and exposed treble

add to this very very pronounced bass.. and its like listening to music on a boom box :)

the DNM although still flawed.. i find more balanced... it doesnt over-reach itself with the bass and treble is more listenable.

i use two runs of DNM on bi-wire config... i tried it single wire with small jumpers made up from the same cable... and i couldnt hear the blindest bit of difference.. so i just stuck to bi-wire.

shrink, Sep 13, 2006
  7. shrink

shrink

hahahahahahah £56..... man.. thats unreal... glad i coudlnt be arsed bidding.

shrink, Sep 13, 2006
  8. shrink

Tenson Moderator

Shrink, why not try some solid core lighting cable from B&Q? At only £8.48 for 25m (they do it in larger rolls too) you have not lost much if you don't like it. If it does work for you then you have saved a lot of money. I am using it in my system at the moment and it sounds wonderful. It’s basically the same as Origin Live. I’ll buy the stuff off you if you don’t like it, all you pay is the postage.

Tenson, Sep 13, 2006
  9. shrink

shrink

it may be worth it mate.. if i cant find anything more suitable for my needs

been attemptingtto bargain a deal with ecosse to see if i can get 50m of their CS2.3 at a discount. Its nice unobtrusive looking stuff.

however that lighting cable may be a good idea.. as cyrus have always stuck by solid core cables.. and these being of that type.. may work well.

I'll see about trying some on my front speakers first and see what i think of it... if its good.. i'll wire the lot up

what colour is the outer coating? and how thick etc is it? as i need to approach this from an install point of view.

shrink, Sep 14, 2006
  10. shrink

Tenson Moderator

The cable is a grey/silver colour (slightly shiny looking). I used the centre wire twisted to the positive line and used the single wire for the negative.

[​IMG]

Tenson, Sep 14, 2006
  11. shrink

zanash

Its a great stop gap and give you the chance to listen to a none stranded cable. If you like what it does you can then look for more exotic versions

zanash, Sep 14, 2006
  12. shrink

Effem Cable manufacturer

Thank goodness for that Zanash, I thought it was just me that thought silver plated copper cables sounded "unrefined".

Effem, Sep 14, 2006
  13. shrink

zanash

So here's one for you listen to the same dia solid cor copper and one of those 315 strand ones ........IMO and of course in my system the multi strand sounds bloated and distorted....then listen to the solid core copper against silver .....the silver sounds fast clean natural neutral ...the copper puts a rosey glow [can't describit any other way ] onto the sound.....

£56 quid you must be joking !!! I've used it as a substitute desolder wick ! its not any good for that either !

zanash, Sep 14, 2006
Ask a Question