Anyone played with Aloia gear?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Effem, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Effem

Effem Cable manufacturer

I'm on the lookout for a pre-amp and I found an Aloia PST 11.0 pre with an inductive power supply for sensible money.

Read a couple of reviews which as you all know can be sometimes read with a pinch of salt, so is there anyone who's had a chance to play with any of the Aloia kit?

Can anyone suggest something better?

Want a silver finish, phono stage and remote control.

Effem, Jun 21, 2005
  2. Effem

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i had the 13.01 (?) inductive power amp on home loan for a week or two. it was nice, good for low level listening to small scale music. however give it anything with scale or 'balls' and it just didn;t cut it.
    didn;t hear the pre though....
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, Jun 21, 2005
  3. Effem

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

I looked into an Aloia pre/power combo a while ago..
    Like Julian said, it was great with chamber/acoustic/generally low level music.. But being an old rocker I wanted something a good deal more ballsy that could do Motorhead with slam, not Eleanor McKevoy in a nice church :D
    Still, it was very detailed and for the money I've seen some at, good gear. Sounds of Music do them - mebbe it's worth ringing JJ there and see what he says?
    (www.sounds-of-music.co.uk).
    Reminded me of Audio Analogue amps - i.e. that slightly polite Italian sound - though it works for lots of people.

leonard smalls, Jun 21, 2005
Ask a Question