Anyone recieved their Pulsar points yet?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ultrasonic, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

I suscribed to HFC about 3weeks ago, got my 1st issue a few days back. Still no sign of the Pulsar points tho!Its says allow 28days.........and its coming close to that now. Any1else take advantage of this promo? I thought-Pulsar points cost £55 anyway, why not pay £31 and get 13issues of HFC for free :D

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Sep 3, 2004
  2. Ultrasonic

midlifecrisis Firm member

I did the same, haven't go them either. the free CD that came out with this issue was worthwhile though. mostly not my cup of tea musically but some fabulous recoring quality on it - real demo stuff. I did like the track cowritten by Sting, may track down the CD

midlifecrisis, Sep 3, 2004
  3. Ultrasonic

MartinC Trainee tea boy

I'm currently having a similar/worse problem with the publishers of HiFi News over an Isotek Isoplug I was meant to receive as part of the subscription deal. They are now telling me they can no longer supply this, and have merely offered a 3 month subscription instead, worth ~£12 rather than £30. Plus the only reason I took the subscription was with a plan to sell the Isoplug on eBay making the subscription virtually free.

They claim I've agreed to some terms and conditions amounting to them possibly not being able to supply the item, but I have read / had explained over the phone no such thing. I've just had an e-mail from them telling me this will have been in the magazine ad, but it most certainly isn't as I have it here in front of me now. Grrr...

MartinC, Sep 3, 2004
  4. Ultrasonic

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a pulsar point?

PBirkett, Sep 3, 2004
  5. Ultrasonic

MartinC Trainee tea boy

MartinC, Sep 3, 2004
  6. Ultrasonic

julian2002 Muper Soderator

paul,
    it's effectively mana by another naim....
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 3, 2004
  7. Ultrasonic

MartinC Trainee tea boy

Julian you stirrer ;) .

MartinC, Sep 3, 2004
  8. Ultrasonic

analoguekid Planet Rush

Martin I had the same idea and chased them up a coupla times, when I was met with the same response you had I cancelled my subscription, got around £6.50 back for the unsent copies, not much reading in HFN any more anyway, if I buy it it's for nostalgic reasons I remeber reading in the early eighties although then it was called HFN and record review, can't remeber for the lfe of me what the other publication around that time was can anyone else.

analoguekid, Sep 3, 2004
  9. Ultrasonic

Bob McC living the life of Riley

I think you've been had. The ad clearly states that the offer is only for the first 65 subscriptions received.

Bob

Bob McC, Sep 3, 2004
  10. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Hehe,i rang the subscription hotline, the polite lady said i was only the 11th person to take advantage of the deal and that the pulsar points are on order...i was had last time when they were givin away the interconnects but i cancelled my subscription :D i dont know if they will make any difference at all but i think they look cool and cant be bad as a freebie :cool: I currently use 2 atacama staticstages and can confidently say they did unveil abit more detail and bass lines in particular gained some degree of solidity. Not in a MAJOR way but in a subtle and audible way.

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Sep 3, 2004
  11. Ultrasonic

dunkyboy

Damn, first 65 only, eh? May have to cancel my sub then... :(

Dunc

dunkyboy, Sep 4, 2004
  12. Ultrasonic

dominicT former member

The Pulsar Points can be quite effective but it depends on what you are uising them with. On my Copland 289 they made the sound less harsh most notably on Miles Davis stuff but with my Wadia transport / DAC I could not hear any difference.

dominicT, Sep 5, 2004
  13. Ultrasonic

MartinC Trainee tea boy

The thing is I do actually like the magazine, so much as I want to tell them where to go just at the minute if I cancelled the subscription I'd end up paying them more money buying it from a shop. For one thing, it's the only magazine I remember reading a review of a piece of kit where they clearly didn't think much of it recently (what is the point of a magazine that says everything is great?). Also, they do use blind listening tests as part of some of their reviews, as well as some of their technical articles being genuinely interesting (well, to me...). So I'm persuing this for now. As far as I can see they've broken the agreement I had with them, so offering a measly 3 month extension to the subscription and appologising for the "inconvenience" of ripping me off isn't acceptable.

MartinC, Sep 6, 2004
Ask a Question