anyone still use a cassette player?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by oussama55, Dec 21, 2010.

1. oussama55

oussama55 Guest

i saw a guy on the train the other day get out a sony cassette player as if it were an ipod and start rewinding to relisten to something hed obviously missed... now not only did this make me laugh but it reminded me of when i was younger, i used to tape sunday evening radio programmes and listen to them back again, i remember recording britney spears taking over capital radio not that long ago!
    so i dug out all my old tapes, they look great and ive seen artwork done with them like this:
    [​IMG]
    i love it! so i might get crafty with my old cassettes
    they also still sell cassette players [SPAM removed[/QUOTE]] and i actually think theyre pretty expensive for how out of date they are!! id much rather make a cupboard out of mine... what would you do?

oussama55, Dec 21, 2010
  2. oussama55

RobHolt Moderator

I still have a few but don't use them at all regularly. Used to really love cassette and making compilations and the machines always fascinated me with their complexity and displays.

I still have a nice JVC three head machine from the 80s and give that whirl now and again, for old time sake :)

RobHolt, Dec 21, 2010
  3. oussama55

nando nando

aiwa6900, still and teac x-10r ,

nando, Dec 21, 2010
  4. oussama55

topoxforddoc

Nak Dragon and three Revox R2R (2 G36s and an A77)

topoxforddoc, Dec 22, 2010
  5. oussama55

Labarum

Apart from a very cheap radio/cassette player I owned many years ago, and the few tape machines the kids had when very young, the only machine I have owned is the Sony Walkman Pro. I would uses it when travelling and at home it sat atop the Quad 77 Stack. I would processional record FM Radio programmes. A different age, but not that long ago. I still have the Quad 77 but eBayed the Walkman Pro a couple of years ago. At the moment the only portable player I have is my laptop.

Labarum, Dec 22, 2010
  6. oussama55

Mr_Sukebe

Haven't owned or used a cassette since 1988, and really haven't missed them at all.

Mr_Sukebe, Dec 22, 2010
  7. oussama55

Pete The Cat

Yamaha KX580. All the Dolby types you can think of and useful for transferring old radio broadcasts from cassette to digital.

Pete

Pete The Cat, Dec 22, 2010
  8. oussama55

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

I have not used my Nakamichi deck for over 5 years. The last time I used was to make some tapes for a pub quiz.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Dec 22, 2010
Ask a Question