Apogee Stages

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ya-Boo, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Ya-Boo

Ya-Boo

Well Just stuffed my AA ,Belcanto & cables in the car
    off the land of the carrot crunchers tonite hopefully the Apogee's are not sold when I get there.
    these should give the belcanto a wake-up call
    forgot to ask how big the boxes are :eek:
    hope they fit in le reggie for the trip home :D
    man the wifes gonna be pissed when she see's these

Ya-Boo, Apr 29, 2005
  2. Ya-Boo

merlin

Stages are small for an Apogee and really do need a subwoofer.

merlin, Apr 29, 2005
  3. Ya-Boo

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I have 2 B/c Evo' 4''s here for a client, for his apogees (fully active) nice too

wadia-miester, Apr 29, 2005
  4. Ya-Boo

Ken

Anybody buying Stages should ignore calls for sub woofers until they have them at home, set up in the room you listen in and, find out how they interact with that room.

I have heard them (without subs) totally overwhelm a room with bass, I have also heard them sound bass light, (but not often).

Mine are boxed and in storage until the new house is ready, they simply do not work in the rented house we are in for 12 months.

Buy them, enjoy them, they will IMHO out perform all 'box' speakers.

Ken

Ken, Apr 30, 2005
  5. Ya-Boo

merlin

Ken,

Yaboo has both a very large listening room and an unhealthy expectation for bass. It was with this in mind I mentioned the sub - maybe a pair of mini grands would be more up his street?

merlin, Apr 30, 2005
  6. Ya-Boo

Ken

Merlin,

I was not aware of his room, but I still think he should try for a while before he buys a sub.

I don't think Mini Grand subs are that easy to get hold of in the UK, but they sure do work well in the right room (I hope I have got my new room correct this time).

The mini Grand system was reviewed in HFNRR, conclusion of the review was;

"This is a true high end speaker system of exceptional bandwidth. Transparancey, Depth, Scale and Height are all defined to very high levels, excellent detail was present, the sound was open and articulate with a fine level of fine tonal balance and neutrality. It is hard to describe the sense of excitement and power which a system of this output and bass reach can generate." "The Apogee Mini Grand acheives the transient and dynamic accuracy of the Wilson Watt/Puppy system but the Mini Grands have a whole octave more of usable clean bass, at half the price."

Ken, Apr 30, 2005
Ask a Question