Arcam??

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ken Ellington, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Ken Ellington

Ken Ellington

Please could some kind person help an old man, our eldest son is terminally ill and unable to make decisions for himself, we have been ask to clear his flat as he is never going to be well enough to return. Upon sorting his bits and pieces out we have found the following.
    Arcam FMJ-A22 amplifier
    Arcam FMJ-CD23 C/D player
    Does anyone know of the value of this equipment as it is a total mystery to us his parents, we have been advised that they could be worth a little amount of money and the sale of these goods would help his quality of life.
    Many Thanks

Ken Ellington, Jun 30, 2007
  2. Ken Ellington

darrenwm

The amp sells for around £600+ on eBay. Not sure on the CDP but maybe similar.

Good luck to your son.

darrenwm, Jun 30, 2007
  3. Ken Ellington

johnhunt recidivist

ken

I think the rrp of these two pieces pf kit was around the 1200ukp each. you should be able to realise maybe 1500 or so for the two used

there are various ways of selling them; sites like this have a small ads section, ebay or maybe a local hifi dealer might be able to sel them on.

Perhaps if you made it known approximatly where oyu are in the uk ( i assume) then we could point you towards a likely hifi dealer.

kinds regards

John

johnhunt, Jun 30, 2007
  4. Ken Ellington

Ken Ellington

Darren & John thank you kindly for your information it has helped a great deal as we now have sone idea as to the value.
    to John sir our location is between the city of Peterborough and the town of Huntingdon. To be able to raise the amount you speak of would be superb.
    Brief explanation our son has althimers at the age of 41 and he is not expected to reach 50. Slowly becoming a vegatable.

Ken Ellington, Jul 1, 2007
  5. Ken Ellington

zanash

Its very sad to hear of your son's illness.....

just to add to the above ..currently there is a fmj cd23 on ebay Item number: 330139183238 ...currently with three hours to go is £410 ....I'd expect this to get at least another £100....but it could be worth following it and seeing how much it makes.

If you go to a dealer don't expect to get as much as they will need to cover there own costs, profit, vat, and other overheads.

zanash, Jul 1, 2007
  6. Ken Ellington

hifinutt

hi very sorry to hear about your son . arcam cd23 are very highly sought after [ i recently sold mine in a matter of hours] and have spent a lot of time tracking down another. about £450 is reasonable. audiofile candy is free to advertise
    http://www.audiophilecandy.com/home.asp

hifinutt, Jul 1, 2007
  7. Ken Ellington

hifienthusiast

Just an advice I'd like to mention. It will be much easier for you to send them by a courier to the buyers if you can find the original boxes. Also include the mains cable, manual and remote control for the Arcam CD player and amplifier.

Post office can be used for sending parcels or there are two couriers I would recommend:
    www.interparcel.com
    www.pharos-international.co.uk

Both companies are agents for well known couriers such as DHL, they will collect the parcels from you home although you have to wait for them to turn up.

Best wishes to you and your son. Good luck in selling the hi fi.

Regards
    Hon

hifienthusiast, Jul 1, 2007
  8. Ken Ellington

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Ken,

let one of us know if you would like help writing the advert describing the goods.

You can 'PM' (send a message) to people individually, or put a general comment here of course.

Again, best of luck.

bottleneck, Jul 1, 2007
  9. Ken Ellington

zanash

If you go the ebay route ....a good photo like they say speaks a thousand words.....with a full technical description which you could lift from the web ...so long as you attribute the source.

I'd agree with the other advice offered

zanash, Jul 2, 2007
  10. Ken Ellington

Petergc

Hi
    I work in Huntingdon and live in London. If there is anything I can do to help (for example with moving the kit if you get a London buyer, or with helping to set up the kit if anyone wants a demo) please let me know.
    Best of luck with the sale, and, of course, with your son.

Peter

Petergc, Jul 2, 2007
  11. Ken Ellington

DavidF

Good idea.

Again, all best wishes to your family, Ken.

DavidF, Jul 2, 2007
  12. Ken Ellington

Ken Ellington

Talk about put ones faith back into human nature, what a wonderful crowd you people have turned out to be, we sit here feeling very humble that you people would go to such great lengths for total strangers.
    To Bottleneck & David F we will in a few days take you up on the wonderful offer you have made to us, the gentleman who has offered free transportation to London we thak you most kindly sir. Of course it all depends on where the buyer lives but the offer will be accepted if it is possible.
    The main reason being whilst I appreciate the advise from the other gentleman with regards to using couries etc. my fear is damage and would prefer them to be collected and then we could show them to be fully working as they are, we would also put in the 2 Jamo speakers should anyone wish to purchase both.

Once again our most heartfelt thanks to you all for you good wishes and support in our troubled times.

Ken Ellington, Jul 2, 2007
  13. Ken Ellington

Ken Ellington

Sorry forgot to mention we do not have the boxes for the goods but do know how to pack securely.
    Both the remote controls are present and working

Ken Ellington, Jul 2, 2007
  14. Ken Ellington

DavidF

You're welcome.

DavidF, Jul 2, 2007
  15. Ken Ellington

DavidF

I don't think there is any problem there, so long as you have suitable (secure) boxes for the equipment.

DavidF, Jul 2, 2007
Ask a Question