are there any exceptions?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Lt Cdr Data, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Lt Cdr Data

lowrider Live music is surround

Re: Re: Re: Re: are there any exceptions?

I have heard several systems, mine included, that do bass, mids and highs equally well, I am not saying perfect, just all with the same relative quality... :MILD:

And yes, it depends on the sinergy with the room, most systems are not adequate to the room or are not properly setup, that is why many have unbalanced bass or treble... :rolleyes:

lowrider, Dec 1, 2003
  2. Lt Cdr Data

Steven Toy

A decent hi-fi does the lot without compromise (talking just about different frequencies.)

You should get a seamless join that enables you to listen to the music and not its means of delivery.

Steven Toy, Dec 2, 2003
  3. Lt Cdr Data

titian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are there any exceptions?

And this statement confirms what I wrote in my first posting:
    "It depends on what a listener keeps his attention on or what he (thinks he) hears and what he expects."
    I am sure that there would be people in this world who wouldn't agree with your statement just because they have other let say priorities, points of view, way of listening.

titian, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Lt Cdr Data

tones compulsive cantater

Steve, I've yet to hear any system that doesn't enable me to listen to the music and not its means of delivery. There are OK ones and good ones and better ones and really good ones and Titian's, but I enjoy music out of them all and I give no thought whatsoever to the means of delivery, whether it's my little Sony SW100 SW receiver or my active Linn system. I feel sorry for people who feel compelled to listen to the means of delivery - perhaps they fall unconsciously under the category captured so beautifully by Flanders & Swann in the "Song of Reproduction":

But I never did care for music much!
    It's the hi-fi-del-it-tee!

tones, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Lt Cdr Data

lowrider Live music is surround

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are there any exceptions?

I am sure there are people in this world that wouldn't like my system, but I am also sure it does bass, middle and highs with similar quality, and fairly extended too... :MILD:

Michaelab, please help me here... :baby:

lowrider, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Lt Cdr Data

michaelab desafinado

I can confirm that :)

I would add that rather like the flat earth/round earth debate, quality treble and quality bass are not mutually exclusive. I personally think that my system does them both very well, as does WM's and many other systems I've heard.

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 2, 2003
Ask a Question