area for teenagers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by johnhunt, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnhunt

rsand I can't feel my toes

I agree

rsand, Jun 21, 2005
  2. johnhunt

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

That would be "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

The point of the thread was for the people who cared to say something rather than opt out and do nothing. I'm happy that several people have chosen to do so. I don't call the discussion of laissez faire, free speech, controlled censorship, forum guidelines, appropriate matter for zerogain, the reputation of zerogain by association, etc. a "petty squabble" (except in so far as the whole forum is petty) but if the mod thinks so, then how much more so the threads we are discussing, and so I would expect to see them moved on exactly the same grounds.

If kindergarten were for threads that didn't get anywhere, there'd be several hundred candidates for moving, but that was not what it was defined as.

SteveC, Jun 21, 2005
  3. johnhunt

lordsummit moderate mod

Steve you may notice I haven't moved the threads. ZG's policy is to have as little moderation as possible.
    TBH I'm very uncomfortable personally with many things that have been in the Chat room recently, as I found them unpleasant.
    However unless someone is breaking the AUP or being totally innapropriate I can't and won't act. My suggestion re the kindergarten is due to the name calling and offensive comments posted elsewhere in the thread and the fact that although started with a constructive intent, there seems to be little or no constructive outcome. What does seem likely is that a petty squabble seems likely to happen here, an event I would like to prevent.

lordsummit, Jun 21, 2005
  4. johnhunt

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

All true LS.

Im a lousy Mod because I cant speak moderately sometimes. oh well.

I'll see how I go, and might sack myself!! :D

bottleneck, Jun 21, 2005
  5. johnhunt

ditton happy old soul

banning is not the answer, ignoring is possible but then puerile and offensive nonsense just continues. so an occasional bucket of cold water usually does the job!

trouble is that you then tend to get a lot of abuse ...

... and I guess that's a fair call.

so will have to just exert moral leadership (and hope that someone notices).

ditton, Jun 21, 2005
  6. johnhunt

mr cat Member of the month

we should simply end the useless threads...starting with this one would be good...;)

mr cat, Jun 21, 2005
  7. johnhunt

Dev Moderator

OK, done.

Dev, Jun 21, 2005
Ask a Question