ART Dio

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by cjm, Dec 16, 2004.

1. cjm

cjm

I bought an ART Dio a few weeks back, after seeing good comments on the Net in certain forums. I expected it to take ages to run in, based on what I'd read, and knew it had considerable potential if upgraded. What I didn't expect was such fantastic sound from it completely unmodified. I've only changed the power supply for a better one and removed the valve (though it sounded pretty good with the valve left in).

It has displaced my Superdac in my bedroom system and sounds so seductive that falling asleep to music has become staying awake to listen to just one more track. I'm not very good with hifi sound descriptions, but the ART dio seems to have injected more emotion into the music - I still really like the Superdac, but it tends to be detailed at the expense of some emotional delivery.

I wondered if anyone else on here has experience of the ART Dio and what they've made of it.

cjm, Dec 16, 2004
Ask a Question