Asking a Favour

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tenson, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

Well, I just bought myself a Django passive pre-amp and am waiting for it to arrive, so the next step is to get a DAC.

I tried an Audio Aero and a TacT RCS2.2x in my system as a DAC and they both sounded good, the TacT being slightly better. BUT, I have heard a lot of good things about these NOS DACs.

I know Michael changed from his Chord DAC64 to one, so they can’t be that bad! I have also heard a few things about them which make me think they wouldn’t be to my taste though. I have heard Thorstens modded DVD player which is NOS but the rest of his system is so different to mine it is not possible to tell what is what.

So… the big question - is there anybody out there who would be willing to let me borrow a NOS DAC for a little while to hear how it sounds in my system? Preferably something based on the TDA1545 or 1541 but anything will do! :D You would be welcome to come down and hear it in my system if you wanted to of course!

Thankies! :)

Tenson, Jan 5, 2006
Ask a Question