Aspekt rack

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by phamm, Sep 4, 2006.

1. phamm

phamm

For Sale: one Clearlight Audio Aspekt hifi rack, 4 shelves, black and cherry finish. This is about 3 years old and in good condition. For extra isolation, it comes with three Something Solid Missing Link footers (worth £25 each), which effectively seat the whole rack on three tensioned-string bases (google them for details). Looking for a quick sale because I'm about to go overseas for an extended period. £290ono including delivery.

phamm, Sep 4, 2006
  2. phamm

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Any pic's and dimensions?

MO!, Sep 4, 2006
  3. phamm

unclepuncle

Could you be a bit more specific about the 'good condition'. One mans 'good' condition is another mans 'tatty'.
    Any marks , scratches etc if so where and how bad - pics where appropriate would be nice.

unclepuncle, Sep 4, 2006
  4. phamm

phamm

Here are is the description of the Aspekt rack from the web. It gives all the dimensions.

The three shelf construction is as follows, starting at the top. Level 1 is a 540 x 445mm MDF and RDC platform, this utilises the 'SuperPosition-T' technology, (two helix spirals place back to back to give greater isolation and dampening characteristics). Level 2, (second shelf down) measures 480 x 400mm, with an entrance of 540 x 220mm, the shelf on level 3 is the same dimensions as level 2, with the entrance being 540 x 350mm. The shelves on levels 2 and 3 utilise the SPP platform technology, (a single RDC helix spiral). The outside dimensions of the rack are H 750mm x W 655mm x D 570mm.

If you PM your email address, I'll happily send you a photo of the rack. As for its condition, it's obviously not mint--as I said, it's about three years old. On the other hand, I'm not asking for a mint price either. If I looked carefully, I'm sure I'd find some minor scratches, but frankly once the rack is loaded this is not something I've noticed. The one thing that I should mention is that one of the four little rubber-ised nubs that hold the top shelf off the main supports is missing. I fixed this by simply using four tennis racket vibration dampeners, which are slightly thicker than the nubs are high. They actually seem to be a superior solution to the original nubs (and they take more than enough weight). I'm not sure anyone would ever call an Aspekt rack beautiful to look at, but it does work pretty well.

Paul

phamm, Sep 5, 2006
  5. phamm

phamm

Rack now sold. Mods please clsoe this thread. Thanks.

Paul

phamm, Sep 7, 2006
Ask a Question