ASR Phonostage - mint - low hours bargain price

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by larkrise, May 2, 2014.

1. larkrise

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

ASR Mini Basis MK 2 phonostage MC and MM.
    Built in 2011. Gold boards, exceptionally light use, less than 100 hours max; one owner. Gold Board Version – nb very important as places this version into a further league, don’t confuse with non-gold board versions.

Here is the specification of the unit:

Weighted S / N Ratio: MC better than 60 dB, depending on gain 
Accuracy of the RIAA: better 1 dB from 20Hz - 20KHz 
Distortion: lower than 0.01% 0.5mV to 3V AC output (100 Ohm load) at 1 kHz, from 20Hz to 20KHz lower than 0.05% 
Input resistance: MC switchable between 22, 47, 100, 221, 475 Ohms | MM switchable between 1, 2.2, 9, 15, 47 k Ohms 
Gain: adjustable with 6 fold Dip switch between +30 dB to +70 dB 
Dimensions (W x D x H): 10.5" x 14" x 4" 
Weight (NET): 12 lbs (shipping weight is 22 lbs based on dimensional weight)

I have had a roller coaster relationship with vinyl over the past 5 years one minute having rather high end phonostages and the next downsizing! The truth of the matter is that I simply don’t play records as much as I used to so have decided to downsize to a very good but cheaper phonostage and put this up for sale. The ASR is the best phono stage I have owned; very rarely for sale s/h in the UK. This is a totally mint as new model. It also has the inbuilt ASR active magic cord power components. I believe difference between this and MK 3 is a power switch – this unit is as the designer preferred to be left on ie no switch. Have original box and manual.

One further interesting point, the two box version of this phonostage (the Basis) costs thousands more but there is a view that this version (Mk2 with Gold Boards) sounds better. I can’t personally say but there is discussion out there! EDIT: this version also has the ASR Magic Chord technology - big sound improvement - currently available as a seperate component at £600 - making this a bargain deluxe.

An absolute stonker of a phonostage with infinite number of variable settings easily changed by opening the top lid.

£1200.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

larkrise, May 2, 2014
Ask a Question