Astonishing CD tweak? Zanash do try this!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by larkrise, Jul 14, 2007.

1. larkrise

Joe

Q Are we raising a nation of wimps?

Joe, Jul 17, 2007
  2. larkrise

DavidF

A liitle bit of banter is all to the good.....not sure about the above though....

....its a a hifi forum at the end of the day.

DavidF, Jul 17, 2007
  3. larkrise

Andy registered grazer

I see your point David it is a hifi forum and a good one at that. When people need help, there's always others willing to help, which is exactly what it's all about.

Certain users like to use it as a little light relief, which is cool too. We all have different personalities, sense of humours etc just like out in the real world and as such can clash. There's no harm in it, so long as we don't take it the wrong way or get upset if people disagree with us.

A little banter helps thicken the skin my friend :D

Andy, Jul 17, 2007
  4. larkrise

DavidF

Very elonquently put.

I guess.........:)

DavidF, Jul 17, 2007
  5. larkrise

Stereo Mic

Oh come on.

If anyone has been scared off from posting more of that drivel then we've all done ZG a big favour.

There are limits. Some people are turning this place into the laughing stock of audio forums everywhere.

Stereo Mic, Jul 17, 2007
  6. larkrise

Andy registered grazer

I don't mind. My hands have never been so soft :D

Andy, Jul 17, 2007
  7. larkrise

DavidF

:D

DavidF, Jul 17, 2007
  8. larkrise

howiebrou

What a shame!

What a shame the posts were edited! I just joined up based on this hilarious thread which was entertaining, educational and plain enjoyable.

Larkrise, the thread is 1000% richer with your inputs and initial suggestion on hand cream! :JPS:

howie

howiebrou, Jul 18, 2007
  9. larkrise

Lynn SkeptiK

Typical exaggeration - "1000% richer".

What proof do you have for such an outlandish claim? Have you done any double blind ABX tests with Larkrise's posts?

I doubt it.

Truth is, once the name has been removed, most people can't tell the difference between his posts, your posts, my posts or any other of the gibberish that passes for informed opinion on this forum.

I bet you're a tweaker, aintcha?

:D;)

Lynn SkeptiK, Jul 18, 2007
  10. larkrise

melorib Lowrider

As usual, those who want to learn, and share information about hifi, are chased away by the hooligans, who cannot stand their little believes beeing challenged... :SLEEP:

Old Tannoys with red lamp cord sound the best, the guardians of the truth will stop deluded paranoids who say otherwise... :chunder:

melorib, Jul 18, 2007
  11. larkrise

zanash

So hands up ....who's actually got there hands dirty and tried the suggestion made by larkrise ?

I bet that theres a large number of the detractors ....who are pontificating from a point of ignorance ....
    If you don't want to risk one of your own cd's...I suggest that you nip down to tesco and buy two identical cd's at the princely sum of £3 each ... test the hypothesis proposed by larkrise ...then come back and give your opinions.

If you want to talk about music and musical tastes then you only need go to the section specifically set up for the purpose.

If you want to belittle someone because of their musical likes [as part of the thread reads to me] then I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself.... If you are genuinely interested then go to the area suggested.

Shall we return to the original contention .....does the application of hand cream to the none playing side of a cd have any effect on the perceived sound ? If [....now this is the hard bit ...you have to go and try it ...] you find that there has been any effect..why could that be ? and if not does that mean you've used the wrong cream or is this a load of dingo's kidney's ...

just a thought...

As previously stated ...I pm larkrise my results perhaps everyone could, then nobody will be influenced by the rabid mob. Larkrise then could come back and give the results, say after he has recieved twenty verdicts....?

zanash, Jul 18, 2007
  12. larkrise

wolfgang

Zanash,

If a few of you have started by saying you have already tried these magical hand cream treatment vs clean discs by making sure you have avoid the most common mistake made when comparing anything subjective like this then maybe more could be motivated to try it as well.

I do not know what is the politically correct term to use here but I think it is valid to believe ''auto suggestion'' are at work here and there for must be accounted for with unusual claims like this.

wolfgang, Jul 18, 2007
  13. larkrise

zanash

whats the problem .....why not just try it ?

is that so difficult.....you can then speak from a position of hands on experience rather than speculation [at best].

zanash, Jul 18, 2007
  14. larkrise

howiebrou

errr. is this meant to be a welcome to this lovely forum :confused:

howiebrou, Jul 18, 2007
  15. larkrise

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

Thankyou Howie - I was going to elaborate on the benefits of using Worcester Sauce in a particular way, but do you think I am going to bother now - no way!

The bullies (no other word for them) have not frightened me away - but I did think maybe deleting my content might sway the mob and calm things a little and I think maybe that has happened.

I am now considering flogging my gear, gettng a pair of trusty ESL57's the greatest speaker in the world on ORIGINAL legs, a quad amp setup (maybe a 303 if not valves), a Garrard 301, use bell wire for speaker cable, get a large and comfortable arm chair with a reading lamp behind, a pipe (plus some St Bruno) and some slippers, shall put Martha back into a Rescue Home and acquire a faithful spaniel. I shall order an evening paper for when I get home from the office. Foster a couple of well behaved children and tell Mrs Rat to sling her hook whilst I acquire a new partner who looks like Katy in the old TV adverts for gravy. She can cook me a steak and kidney pie whilst I listen to some proper classical music.

:D

larkrise, Jul 18, 2007
  16. larkrise

zanash

I'll say sorry for the rather sharp comments some of stupidly short sighted members have made ....

If nobody has already said ......welcome and thanks for your input ....

its great to see new members ....which often means new ideas certainly new knowledge.

Its a shame that some posters want to stop freedom of idea exchange ...because it goes against their often small closed mind view of the hifi world.

if they get really annoying click the ignore box on the personal settings.

zanash, Jul 18, 2007
  17. larkrise

DavidF

Yes, welcome indeed.....:)

Pete, I'll just throw this in...I think there maybe a reluctance to put a foreign object, potentially damaging, into expensive audio equipment (however insignificant the amount).

DavidF, Jul 18, 2007
  18. larkrise

melorib Lowrider

I am sure there is a reluctance to change, and to accept those who change, plus a lot of bad education...

melorib, Jul 18, 2007
  19. larkrise

howiebrou

Phew! Thanks for the welcome guys. To be perfectly honest I wasn't sure if it was wisely worded sarcastic reverse psycho-babble :eek:

My personal view is that if people want to tweak. its fine with me. If people want to laugh at some tweaks its also fine. Just be fair and nice about it. I have to say though that this thread was very funny if you ignore the nasty comments.:)

Kind of reminds me of a time when my friend at Uni, unable to make it to the bathroom lifted up his TT cover and dumped straight onto the platter (accidental tweaking :MILD:). After settling down, as the alcohol began to wear off, he realised it wasn't his dorm room :eek:

Apparently when the real owner returned the shouting made Krakatao sound like field mice purring. :inferno::lol:

howiebrou, Jul 18, 2007
  20. larkrise

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

but if you try it and it doesn't work....

it was obviously the wrong type of hand cream.

..or the wrong pattern of application was used.

or the temperature of the hand cream was wrong.

bottleneck, Jul 18, 2007
Ask a Question