Atc Scm12

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by alanbeeb, Nov 15, 2005.

1. alanbeeb

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

I'm thinking of selling my ATC SCM12s. I love these speakers, but keeping things in the family I am listening to a pair of their older big brother SCM20s and they may be staying.

The ATC SCM12 is a superb standmounter, very natural sound that just makes music without fuss. I 'downgraded' to these after a pair of Quad 988s but honestly think I listened to more music since then.

They are rated at 86dbW, sealed box design and not fussed about placement at all. Due to their lowish sensitivity they have better bass than many much larger speakers. I think they like a good powerful amp, however one forum poster I know runs them with a Sugden A21a and thinks they are great. I've heard them on the end of a PS-Audio HCA-2, naim NAP200, EAR 869 (surprisingly good combo!) but mainly with my TacT SDAi with which they have real synergy. But so it seems do the 20s...

Reviews at: http://www.atc.gb.net/reviews.html

Excellent condition, boxed, more than 4 years guarantee left, looking for £600. Cherry Finish. Retail is £1000

alanbeeb, Nov 15, 2005
  2. alanbeeb

bump

alanbeeb, Nov 24, 2005
  3. alanbeeb

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
    alanbeeb, Jan 1, 2006
  4. alanbeeb

bump.