Attention all SOZs

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by GrahamN, Feb 15, 2004.

1. GrahamN

GrahamN

Related to a link tones posted up, this (first of the "New Products") is pretty special:

"Great on any replay equipment – especially CD/DVD players – but a strip on the case of a CD threw me totally. I just hadn't expected the amazing lift in quality, with naturalness of instruments and increase in ambient detail just staggering. As one might expect from the above explanation, it was like unlocking a memory of being at the recording session/event."

No, it's not adding another 57 levels of Mana, or super-stoplight )and we have had a laugh at these before) - but it does involve obsessive setup, and green substances are also involved.

GrahamN, Feb 15, 2004
  2. GrahamN

tones compulsive cantater

Hence the expression, to get thoroughly SOZzled.

tones, Feb 15, 2004
  3. GrahamN

PeteH found this priceless gem on that website. I defy the most dedicated SOZ to follow this one...

Quote:
    Each individual human had a fundamental adverse problem imposed on their senses when they had their first photograph taken. A photographic image captures the unique identity of the subject of the photograph but imposes a significant temporal (time) asymmetrical pattern. The action of this photograph radically changed the inner symmetry of the senses of the photographed human being. Fortunately, this debilitating adverse condition is reversible... it is necessary to acquire one photograph which was exposed when the person was young and another photograph exposed when the person was older. Each photograph is placed, individually, into it's own clear plastic bag. The two plastic bags, each containing a spaced time photograph of the same individual, should be placed inside the freezer compartment of the domestic refrigerator. This will create a most unusual beneficial phenomenon. After placing the two separate photographs within the freezer compartment, either live or recorded music should be played within the listening room. A significant improvement to the musical sound should have taken place. Removing the photographs from the freezer compartment should produce an immediate adverse response if the music is played again. Replacing the two photographs within the freezer compartment will immediately restore the beneficial improvement in the sound. It should be noted that it is not necessary for the photographs to reach the low temperature of the freezer compartment. This experiment demonstrates that within the freezer compartment, there exists a high degree of symmetry and that this symmetrical condition is imposed on the temporal asymmetric condition of the two chronologically spaced photographs and is, in turn, imposed on the senses of the human subject of the photographs.

tones, Feb 15, 2004
  4. GrahamN

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Admit it Tones, you Stebbo, woofie & DBT's conspired on that one :D

wadia-miester, Feb 15, 2004
  5. GrahamN

stebbo

I am sure this is a spoof site.

I mean even the most hardened tweaker wouldnt buy into some of the stuff on this site.

I am told from another forum that there is a Yahoo group relating to the products, but I am still having trouble with someone being able to sell a CLIP for £500.

stebbo, Feb 15, 2004
  6. GrahamN

PeteH Natural Blue

So there we go, we've reached some common ground at last. We can all agree that buying better speakers can make the sound better, but that sticking photographs of yourself in the freezer can't. All we need to do now is sort out everything in between ;)

PeteH, Feb 15, 2004
  7. GrahamN

You mean, you haven't tried it yet, Tony? SHAME on you! Now, listen, before you do, I've got this great, universally polarised, multi-dimensional, wormhole-plugging Warp factor 9.99 CD cream, a steal (we won't go into which direction) at £1,000,000,000 a jar...alternatively, I'll accept your soul...

tones, Feb 16, 2004
  8. GrahamN

merlin

Er? That's a tad niave Pete if I may say so. Better in what way? How would you know they were "better"?

merlin, Feb 16, 2004
  9. GrahamN

wolfgang

WM,
    Nope. It would have been nice if I am part of the conspirators who dream these up. However, you have now planted a seed in our minds so beware. ;)

wolfgang, Feb 16, 2004
  10. GrahamN

midlifecrisis Firm member

I don't think it is spoof. They used to give away free samples of some wacky silver foil stuff - I have to admit to sending off for some. You had to stick little slivers on anything round in the room (I remember them saying that on CDs it had to go over the CD logo). It then proceeded to restore your cosmic harmony or some such.
    Made bugger all difference to the sound, but as a cosmic result of applying the free sample I am now a multimillionaire who spends his time being fed peeled grapes by lissome Japanese virgins - so don't knock it!

midlifecrisis, Feb 17, 2004
  11. GrahamN

GrahamN

If they're still in that virginal state, methinks the man is doing something wrong!

GrahamN, Feb 17, 2004
  12. GrahamN

midlifecrisis Firm member

it's all those grapes - the wind is something chronic.....

midlifecrisis, Feb 17, 2004
  13. GrahamN

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Tones, a bit a lax I'm afraid, check your patent registar under 'Ajax', :D some one beat R/A to it.
    I'm afraid my soul was been sold long ago mate for 'Rock 'n' Roll', and you know what they say about lost causes, "consider you actions and where they may lead", "and the men and women that serve under you"
    I noticed the 180 you took on hfc over bob's i/c, you won't be on Maggie thatchers xmas card list I feel :)
    Maybe the cream doubles as a sexual lubicant for those frustrated geeks that keep the the internet such a 'interesting place :D '
    However it goes to show the power of suggestion if proberbly applied :rolleyes:

wadia-miester, Feb 17, 2004
  14. GrahamN

polaco

Hi all
    I just read the link above, and most importantly briefly read the other thread about the stoplight pen, and thought you might find this interesting:
    Scientific American article
    The experiments described in the article just show how bewildering human perception can be. After reading that, it seems very reasonable that people could ear small differences in sound even if they aren't there. I'm not saying that if they do and they are willing to pay for it they shouldn't buy wathever pot of audiophile cream they wish, that's a bit like religious faith, really, if you have faith and it makes you feel better, why not...

polaco, Feb 17, 2004
Ask a Question