Audio Alchemy DAC in the box

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by andrew1810, Feb 13, 2005.

1. andrew1810

andrew1810

I have just won the above DAC off epay but it doesn't come with a PSU.

Anyone know what type I need, will a universal adaptor do, or some schematics to build one myself would be fine

Thanks

Andrew

andrew1810, Feb 13, 2005
  2. andrew1810

ListeningEar

Audio Alchemy supplied a series of power supplies with their products. Each power supply was called the 'Power Station x' where 'x' denotes the version number.

Standard power supply was version 1 but if you hunt around the web you will see various people looking for AA power supplies because it's become quite a common thing for people to buy used AA gear on web based auction sites that have no power supplies. Many buyers advertise on other audio forums etc looking for version's 2 and above.

We just sold a DAC In The Box recently (complete with working power supply), but if my memory serves me correctly, the only label I recall being on this wall-wart type power supply was the name of the Power Supply without any input/output info.

Does the DAC have the rated input label on it,...I can't remember!

Best place to start might be here though seeing as they do the power supplies for AA stuff:

http://modwright.com/products/index.php?product_id=12

ListeningEar, Feb 14, 2005
  3. andrew1810

andrew1810

Thanks for the link, I have actually managed to pick up the official PSU which is due in the next day or two.

DAC arrived today and looks to be in good condition, just need to get a coax cable for it now.

Thanks

Andrew

andrew1810, Feb 15, 2005
  4. andrew1810

lordsummit moderate mod

You'll enjoy it. Audio Alchemy made great sounding kit. I had the Dac man in my system for some considerable time

lordsummit, Feb 15, 2005
  5. andrew1810

ListeningEar

...great, hope you enjoy your purchase. Still think about upgrading the power supply at some stage though, the standard AA ones were considered the weak-link and I have seen several that have burnt out (design flaw), which explains why many are up for sale without power supplies.

ListeningEar, Feb 16, 2005
Ask a Question