Audio Note Phono Stage

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by timnaim, Jan 11, 2008.

1. timnaim

timnaim

Does anybody have any experience with the AN (built by AN in UK) phono stage such as the M1 or M2? They are expensive!:rolleyes:

Comparable products?

Thanks
    Tim

timnaim, Jan 11, 2008
  2. timnaim

George Sallit

I have a M2 pre amp with phono stage in a 2nd system. As with all Audionote products they are distinctive. The phono is a good one and presents the music in a very natural and realistic way. It is well suited to playing naturally recorded music (girl+guitar, small jazz) but less good on big powerful rock and heavy stuff. The deep bass can be a little soft (or Phat).

I have not really heard alternatives apart from the cheap Cambridge....avoid it all costs, or just send me £50 as a present. One route will give you heartache...the other route me joy:D

George Sallit, Jan 11, 2008
  3. timnaim

analoguelover

AN phono

Yes, I agree. LOVELY kit, doesn't really like AC/DC:).

Mike

analoguelover, Jan 15, 2008
  4. timnaim

hifi addict

I agree with with the rest of the guys. They are good but I don't think they are an all round phonostage. I have used the M8 it was very very good but the best one i have heard to date is the Allnic 1500 phonostage. It was a lot cheaper as well. Coops on the forum brings them into the UK. give him a call http://www.puriteaudio.co.uk

hifi addict, Jan 15, 2008
Ask a Question