Audio Physic Scorpio II Floor-standers

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by MysteryMan, Dec 18, 2009.

1. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Reluctant sale of my Audio Physic Scorpio II speakers. They are in the maple finish and are indistinguishable from new, complete with all original packaging and accessories.

Bought just over 3 months ago and they are now nicely run in! The reason for sale is that I have been drawn over to the dark side of SET amps and need something with higher sensitivity. My current amplifier is a 20w Sugden and they work superbly with that as they will with any solid-state amp or a more powerful tube amp.

List price for these is £3773 and I am looking for £2600, plus shipping costs or collection from Macclesfield, Cheshire.

Plenty of information and reviews available on the web for these superb speakers, but, here's a few links to start you off.....

http://www.audiophysic.de/scorpio/reviews.html

http://www.gcaudio.com/products/reviews/infoaudiophysic.html

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/506ap/

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/332803.aspx

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/audi...g-speakers/scorpio-ii/PRD_424984_1594crx.aspx

Details
    The Scorpio II is a fantastic new speaker by Audio Physic and is the latest version of the critically acclaimed Scorpio.

The elegant and striking design of the cabinet secures an enormous stability. The push-push arrangement of the four 7“ woofers avoids resonances and the very high quality mid and high range drivers easily follow any dynamic attack.

Height 1100 mm / 43.3"
    Width 214 mm / 8.5"
    Depth 390 mm / 15.4"
    Required Space Width x Depth 290x530 mm / 11.4x20.9"
    Weight 27 kg
    Recommended amplifier power 25-200 W
    Impedance 4 Ohm
    Frequency range 29 Hz - 40 kHz
    Sensitivity 91 dB

MysteryMan, Dec 18, 2009
  2. MysteryMan

alphatoner

Hi

can I ask where you bought them from, do you have the original sale documentation and do you know what the warranty is and if the warranty is transferable?

alphatoner, Dec 18, 2009
  3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Sure! They were bought from Audio Emotion (Scotland) and, yes, I do have the original invoice/receipt.

I will contact them tomorrow to check on the warranty situation,

Thanks!

MysteryMan, Dec 19, 2009
  4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Just heard back that they will get a reply from AP on Monday - will update you then.

MysteryMan, Dec 19, 2009
  5. MysteryMan

hifinutt

just read a brilliant review of these in hi fi critic vol1/no6 dec 2007

hifinutt, Dec 19, 2009
  6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

The initial reply says that they have a 10-year warranty, but, it is not transferrable.

I think this is pretty poor and have just sent an email to AP asking for their justification and to see if they will reconsider.

In the worst case of them refusing then, in the very unlikely event of anything going wrong, I am more than happy to act as the go-between and deal with Audio Emotion or Audio Physic to get any problem sorted.

I am quite happy to put that in writing and make it 'official' if that helps.

I will post again once I've heard back from AP.

MysteryMan, Dec 21, 2009
  7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Warranty Situation

Here is reply from AP.

Basically, the balance of 12-months (up to August) definitely transfers to new owner. The 10-year warranty is not transferrable, but, it seems AP are pretty flexible when dealing with problems after the 12 months and there really is very little to go wrong with a pair of speakers!

"The 10 year warranty does only apply to the first purchaser and then only if the warranty card was registered within the 14 day limit.
    After that, the UK distributor i.e C-Tech Audio...me... is responsible and as such is covered by Audio Physic. Technically speaking the normal UK basic warranty law would cover the owner for 12 months from the original point of purchase and the balance of this could be passed on to a new owner. After that, I am confident that if the product suffered a fault that was not due to misuse etc that Audio Physic through me would do the repair although it may be subject to the particular problem.

To date they have been nothing less than exemplary in this respect. I have a very few problems so far but those that have arisen they have dealt with without question."

MysteryMan, Jan 15, 2010
  8. MysteryMan

Markus S Trade

I can confirm that AP are very good at taking care of their speakers, no matter whether they were bought new or used.

Markus S, Jan 15, 2010
  9. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Speakers have now been SOLD.

MysteryMan, Feb 2, 2010
Ask a Question