Audio Physic Steps FS

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Bourney, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Bourney

Bourney

got to make some hard decisions and after buying these and being sort of blown away by them after longer listening its obvious that my little valve amp isnt driving them i cant bear to sell my amplifier so i will offer them up for sale and move on before i get attched to these too

what can i say about these, well,

they are in very stylish quality black finish (no tacky finishing here at all), they have a feel of a very expensive speaker and the attention to detail is obvious even at first glance. they cost 1300 pounds new in their day and come complete with their dedicated stands which are of a tripod open frame design witha 3 point adjustable spiked mount for the speaker to sit on and lean back against. nad then secured witha single allen bolt at the rear. the speaker itself leans back to give quite a quite a funky look and also create a very airy soundstage and the speakers disapear better than any other speaker i have tried. They are a slim speaker being only 140mm wide with a depth of 230mm and 330mm height.i tried them with a different stand and its obvious that the stand forms part of the speakers design for more than just aesthetics.

i genuinely really like these speakers, they do something really wonderful in my system at low volumes but as im using only a 30 w valve amp and these are 4Ohm and 84dB sensitivity, my amp is struggling once the volume gets turned up a bit.

if you are looking for a small well designed/engineered speaker that oozes understated class then these would fit the bill and more. not a very well known speaker but im sure if you heard and saw these there wouldnt be anything to touch them for this sort of money..id just say that they are not really suited to lowered powered amps unless you only listen at low volumes.

Ive tried to be as honest as i can about these. ive only had them a week or two, im not trying to make a penny on them and am advertising them at exactly what i paid for them. i have a review and tech data sheet that i can fax across (unfotunately a hard copy) - system of the month in Hifi choice april 1999 where they are hooked upto a wadia cd player and Advantage power amplifier to give you an idea of their pedigree.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

£350 will consider px's or swaps..whatya got?

speakers must be relatively easy to drive to suit my valver :)

Bourney, Jan 12, 2007
  2. Bourney

Bourney

bump

Bourney, Jan 19, 2007
Ask a Question